Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
10. Give them all bumper stickers saying, “If you can read this [teeny tiny print], You’re about to be Brake Checked!”
9. Everyone can get a bump draft — from Steve Wallace.
8. Prohibit bump drafting an hour before the green flag drops. Clearly, having the drivers spend 500 miles in a straight line means better racing.
7. Put up signs along the double-yellow line… “Cars must maintain 100 ft intervals.”
6. Worst offender has to drive for Keyed-Up Motorsports at Phoenix.
5. Drivers pick a drafting teammate before the race starts, then cover both cars with a giant two-man donkey costume. Only the lead driver can see where he’s going. Might not break up pack… but it would look funny.
4. Remote control oil guns on the rear bumpers operated by the race control staff.
3. Reverse polarized magnets in the front and rear bumpers.
2. Pre-race bean lunch for all; just let the car in back suck up THOSE fumes!
1. Take off the restrictor plates and let them race wide open.
©2000 - 2008 Frontstretch Staff and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Number 4 will happen long before number 1.
You guys must be running on empty. You CAN do better.
Go to 5 liter, (305) cubic inch motors and specific CFM carbs for individual tracks, take away some aero aids so the cars have to handle…then see what happens.
Let the tires wear through a run so that handling becomes an issue after a few laps.
Want to comment on this article? Visit our Message Board!