Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Frontstretch Staff · Wednesday August 28, 2013
10. Who needs tradition, history, and exciting racing when you can eat at The Varsity?
9. Drivers would rather tweet their anger than use it on track.
8. “The Lady in Black” not as marketable as “The Lady in a Major Metropolitan Region with Support from Significant Corporate Sponsors.”
7. Atlanta has a better airport.
6. Atlanta has an airport.
5. Bruton Smith held his breath long enough.
4. Bruton is still trying to sell all of those condos.
*3 NASCAR listens to its fans … before doing the complete opposite of what those fans want.
2. Brian France thought the “Southern 500” was a group of angry rednecks.
1. NASCAR puts money ahead of tradition.
©2000 - 2008 Frontstretch Staff and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Switching the Southern 500 back to Labor Day should be a priority for the 2015 Schedule. It would be perfect with the new TV deal. Atlanta doesn’t host the trucks anymore on labor day. I think it would be easy to switch those dates.
Though, I’m sure Bruton Smith would complain if that happened, and “God Forbid” it would mean NASCAR admitting it made a mistake.
Top 5 changes that need to be made to the 2015 schedule:
1.Swap Atlanta/Darlington dates.
2.Remove one race from both Michigan and Dover, then adding dates at Iowa and Road America.
3.Move Chicagoland out of the Chase and into mid-August, and make Richmond the Chase opener (with an off-weekend preceding it).
4.Move Homestead to the weekend after the Daytona 500, and make the Chase Finale be held in the entertainment capitol of the world, Las Vegas.
5.Move the All-Star Race to the Thursday night before the 600, and make it a race for charity.
I agree mostly with MattG_Fl, but the spring Bristol date desperately needs to move to early summer.
Want to comment on this article? Visit our Message Board!