Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Note: It was recently reported that a Miller Brewing Company executive had proposed a bet involving NASCAR drivers Kurt Busch (sponsored by Miller Lite) and Dale Earnhardt Jr. (sponsored by Budweiser). Under the terms of the bet, the driver who finished lower in points in 2006 would have to run one race in the other’s paint scheme next season.
Budweiser and Earnhardt Jr. turned down the offer, but in the spirit of the bet, here are the …
Top Ten Rejected NASCAR Sponsor Bets
10. Ken Schrader (Little Debbie) – Loser must spend off-weekend in local convenience store singing “My Girl” theme song.
9. Joe Nemechek (U.S. Army) – Loser forced to sleep in foxhole and eat MRE’s every night for a year.
8. Sterling Marlin (Waste Management) – Loser to ride on back of garbage truck and pick up Marlin family trash for a month.
7. Brian Vickers (Garnier Fructis) – Loser must style hair with “Garnier Fructis Fiber Gum Putty” during upcoming season.
6. Travis Kvapil (Downy) – Loser promises to wear uniforms that smell “April Fresh” during next year’s Speedweeks.
5. Jeff Gordon (Georgia-Pacific) – Instead of seat padding, loser agrees to use Angel Soft bath tissue for cushioning from now on.
4. Robby Gordon (Harrah’s) – Loser must spend entire weekend placing bets on Gordon’s car number at Harrah’s roulette table.
3. Bobby Labonte (Red Lobster) – Loser forced to eat lobster for entire season’s pre-race meals without use of lobster bib.
2. Greg Biffle (Post-it) – Loser must drive for entire season with “Greg Biffle is #1!” Post-It note on dashboard.
1. Kyle Busch (Kellogg’s) – Loser agrees to answer Crew Chief’s questions about tires with phrase, “They’re grrrrrrrreat!” for first 10 races of 2007.
©2000 - 2008 Becca Gladden and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Mark Martin—loser agrees to have AAA take care of his pitstops.
Dave Blaney-loser must have a catapillar dump truck push him into pits after his motor goes.
winner to johnson gets to get team cheat list with the payout to keep NASCAR at bay….or just that lowes will have to build another garage to hold the illegal parts in it
Ryan Newman (gillette)—loser must shave a “12” on the side of their face on each race day next season(as shown the “gillette young guns” commercial)
Loser must be designated driver for entire season and available 24/7 during any time testing/racing in Marioposa County
Tony Stewart…Loser must build a new fence up front because Smoke will take it in a drive by!
Becca Gladden is no longer a contributor to the Frontstretch, but you can see all her past articles on herbiography and archive page.