Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Frontstretch Top Ten · Becca Gladden · Tuesday April 4, 2006
10. At start of your kid’s school track meet, you yell out, “Boogity, Boogity, Boogity!” instead of their name.
9. Family members don’t bother calling on Sunday unless it’s NASCAR-related.
8. You know the weather forecast for the upcoming race city a week in advance.
7. You can recite 15 current NASCAR TV commercials from memory.
6. You memorize phone numbers by the corresponding NASCAR car numbers.
5. At least one room in your house has wall-to-wall NASCAR memorabilia.
4. You get extra Prozac for an off-weekend in the Nextel Cup schedule.
3. After the race, you immediately switch to Speed for more NASCAR coverage.
2. You postpone elective surgery ‘til the off season.
1. The first prayer you say on Sunday is simply for your driver to win.
©2000 - 2008 Becca Gladden and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Doesn’t everyone go to Speed after the post-race interviews? The Top Ten describes me, except for the Prozac because There is usually a Truck or Busch race if there’s no Cup. It feeds the need.
Is there such a thing as watching too much Nascar? I know I could never get enough.
yeah I’m terrible…I have the forcast for the upcoming race on my desktop so I can check it whenever needed. It’s supposed to be warm and sunny this weekend. :D
Too much NASCAR…???Never, you HAVE to go to SPEED channel, you need a slow withdrawl from the rush of the race. Especially after Sunday…Jr was too good!
These are the signs of a TRUE race fan.
When leaving for a trip you set two VCRs to tape the race (just in case one fails) and you avoid the tv, internet, newspaper, and family/friends until after watching it.
I’ve done it several times.
You know you are a true fan when when your clothes are all color coded to your favorite drivers colors( yes, half my shirts are red!
There are more folks checking Sunday’s weather where the Cup stop is taking place than you imagine. Good call. Very true.
Okay, So my home office is tribute to DEI/RCR Dale and Jr. Is there really anything wrong with that. And on that note, Thank God for FOXHD My 52” Big Screen never looked so good..
What’s better than hot guys and fast cars!!
Becca Gladden is no longer a contributor to the Frontstretch, but you can see all her past articles on herbiography and archive page.