Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Becca Gladden · Wednesday May 17, 2006
During Saturday night’s Darlington race, Dale Earnhardt Jr., suffering from the flu, told his crew chief, “Listen I’m alright, but if you know anybody my size, I may be slapping my armpit here tonight.” Throughout the week, fans have been debating the meaning of this latest Juniorism. Without further ado …
Top Ten Interpretations of Dale Jr.’s quote, “I May Be Slapping My Armpit Tonight”
10. I’m checking out the effectiveness of my deodorant in case the Crown Royal girls show up again after the race.
9. I think I have a fever, so I’m employing the principle of evaporative cooling by slapping my armpits.
8. Come on, “slapping my armpit” – you know, like they did Back in the Day.
7. I have a song stuck in my head, and I’m slapping my armpit to keep the beat.
6. I’m trying to promote my sponsor Drakkar Noir by circulating the fragrance through the car.
5. You know how wrestlers slap the mat to signal that they’re done with a match? Well, I’m gonna slap my armpit instead.
4. My voice is really hoarse, so from now on I’ll be sending coded messages to you guys by slapping my armpit.
3. The only way I can stay awake for 500 miles is to slap myself in the armpit.
2. I want to throw off the competition by using a new hand signal that no one knows the meaning of.
1. Remember that sound you made as a kid when you slapped your armpit against your body? Well, I might be making a sound like that soon …
©2000 - 2008 Becca Gladden and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
I adore Dalr Jr. I had to admit I LOL so hard that my stomach ached.
Gotta love Junior!
LOL!! I love them all!!! Only Junior would come up with something like this & get us all talking about it!!
junior is as junior does
Loved that comment, dont know what it means but only junior would come up with something like that!
Becca, I’m still holding my sides rom laffing! Very funny, I postd the link on my Dale JR message board!
Love it, Becca! Laughed so hard people looked at me funny…
I think June Bug has a wonderful way of keeping people on thier toes with his humor. He is always saying or doing something to keep people perked up. That is what makes him so wonderful.
no matter pc nascar gets junebug will alwas be a redneck
If you don’t love Junior, you’re not breathing
June bug is adorable at whatever he does! He can do no wrong! (as they say)
Becca Gladden is no longer a contributor to the Frontstretch, but you can see all her past articles on herbiography and archive page.