Friday June 1, 2012
No. 12 WURTH Dodge Challenger
5 – Hour Energy 200
Dover International Speedway – Dover, Del.
June 2, 2012
TV- ESPN @ 1:30 p.m. ET; Radio – MRN/Sirius 90 @ 1:30 p.m. ET
Sam Hornish Jr. Dover International Speedway Racing History
Autism Speaks 400
Autism Speaks 400
Camping World RV 400
Best Buy 400
Heluva Good! 200
No. 12 WURTH Dodge Team News and Notes
- Sam Hornish Jr., driver of the No. 12 WURTH Dodge Challenger, will make his 12th start of the 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season Saturday afternoon in the 5 – Hour Energy 200 at Dover International Speedway (DIS)
- This race marks the third appearance of the season for Wurth as the primary sponsor of the No. 12 Penske Racing Dodge in NNS competition. Wurth will serve as the primary sponsor at a total of seven events this year. The Wurth Companies of North America provide customers with everything they need to succeed in the Automotive, Industrial and Woodworking Industries. Whether it is a small body shop or nationwide fleet maintenance company, Wurth USA offers the unparalleled selection and unbeatable service that is synonymous with the Wurth brand.
- Hornish’s return to DIS marks his eighth start at the venue.
- This will mark Hornish’s second Nationwide Series start at DIS (he started 20th and finished 23rd in 2008). He has six NASCAR Cup Series starts at DIS with his best finish a 13th in 2009
- From 2006 to present, Hornish has made a total of 44 NNS starts. He has scored one victory, four top-five and 11 top-10 finishes positions during that time.
- After 11 races Hornish and the Wurth Dodge team are fourth in the NNS Championship point standings.
- This weekend the No. 12 Wurth Dodge Challenger will race with chassis PRS-223 which was last raced at Texas Motor Speedway back in April.
- Fun fact – Sam is interested in U.S. history and Ohio history as well.
- Penske Racing has 357 all-time race victories with 102 stock car wins and 418 pole positions overall including 129 NASCAR poles.
- Tune in to SpeedTV on Sunday, June 2 to see Hornish as he continues in his first season as an analyst on SPEED Center.
- Follow Hornish at @PenskeRacing, @SamHornish, www.penskeracing.com, www.samhornish.com and www.facebook.com/penskeracing andwww.facebook.com/pages/Sam-Hornish-Jr
Sam Hornish Jr. comments about this weekend’s 5 – Hour Energy 200
“Dover is one of the tracks that feel very fast from the driver’s seat. I always love going there and have had some very good runs but we always seem to have some kind of issue in the race, our goal this weekend is to change that. This will be my second time racing there in a Nationwide Series car and I am looking forward to it. We will be competing in the Wurth Dodge this weekend and we are ready for a great race at The Monster Mile.”
Crew Chief Chad Walter comments about this weekend’s 5 – Hour Energy 200
“Dover is a fun track. It is a track that requires stability for corner entry and then we also need the aero platform to be just right for the long fast turns. Being as fast as it is - there is always a concern about what is going on in front of you as the track can be very treacherous - especially if a car gets out of shape, as a lot of cars are likely to be affected. The Monster Mile is one of my favorite tracks and the Wurth Dodge crew is primed for strong outing this weekend.”
Sam Hornish Jr. 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series Results
Daytona International Speedway
Phoenix International Raceway
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Bristol Motor Speedway
Auto Club Speedway
Texas Motor Speedway
Richmond International Raceway
Charlotte Motor Speedway
No. 12 WURTH Dodge Challenger Crew Catalog
Raymond Fox III
West Point, IL
High Point, NC
Front Tire Changer
Front Tire Carrier
Mt. Airy, NC
Snow Camp, NC
Rear Tire Changer
Rear Tire Carrier
Larry Joe Allen
NEW YEAR? NEW NEWSLETTER. LOOKING FOR THE INFO YOU NEED ABOUT NASCAR IN 2013 – SENT RIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. The Frontstretch Newsletter gives you more of the daily news, commentary, and racing features from your favorite writers you know and love. Don’t waste another minute – click here to sign up and get all the information you need. We’re here to make sure you stay informed … so make sure you jump on for the ride!
This report was provided by an outside PR source and posted by Beth Lunkenheimer.
©2000 - 2008 Beth Lunkenheimer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!