Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
In case you’ve missed it, here’s a quick recap 68 of 100 laps through the Truck Series race…
- Polesitter Miguel Paludo is out front and has clinched leading the most laps. Teammate James Buescher pushed ahead for a short time, but for the most part it’s been the second-year driver in complete control. The two teammates appear to be the class of the field, hugging the yellow line around the track as Turner Motorsports has led every green-flag lap in the race.
- The inside line definitely appears to be the way around tonight. Brad Keselowski is the latest to have tried the outside groove with little success.
- 29 cars are on the lead lap. Everyone else has been involved in a wreck and is several laps down (Paulie Harraka) or off the racetrack.
- There are now four cautions in the race. Numbers two and three were for debris; the fourth occurred when John King made contact with fellow rookie Cale Gale, sending him hard into the side of Mike Skinner. T.J. Duke, J.R. Fitzpatrick, and Matt Crafton (light damage) were also involved. Four of tonight’s ten rookie-of-the-year candidates have either started or been in the middle of wrecks tonight.
In case you’ve missed it, here’s a quick recap of what’s happened 30 of 100 laps through the Truck race…
- Polesitter Miguel Paludo is out front and has led all but a handful of laps under yellow. He’s hugging the inside line, and no one has made a significant move against him. James Buescher, Brad Keselowski, Jason White and Joey Coulter round out the top 5. The top rookie is right behind them in Cale Gale.
- White was leading the outside line until the first caution, along with Todd Bodine (No. 11) who was struggling with overheating but stuck with the No. 23.
- Only caution: Paulie Harraka lost it, trying to lap fellow rookie Chris Cockrum off Turn 4. Collected Jason Leffler in the wreck that followed; rookie Dakoda Armstrong crashed to avoid the two. All three have lost several laps or are behind the wall for repairs.
- Expected title contender Matt Crafton has never been inside the lead draft. He’s four seconds back in 30th place.
- 33 of 36 cars are on the lead lap. Ward Burton is 23 seconds back in 33rd with possible mechanical problems.
©2000 - 2008 Thomas Bowles and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!