Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Those injured by Saturday’s horrifying, last-lap Daytona wreck in the Nationwide Series in which parts of Kyle Larson’s car went over the catchfence continue to improve. Five of the seven patients sent to Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach have been released, according to the most recent update Thursday morning. The two that remain in the hospital are in stable condition according to a hospital spokesman; the other 21 fans, of the 28 confirmed by NASCAR who were injured and sent to different hospitals have all gone home.
Three of the injured race fans have retained a Florida-based law firm to represent them in personal injury suits; however, no official court filings have been made. Meanwhile, NASCAR is conducting its own investigation into the wreck, which will be headed by Tom Gideon, the director for safety at NASCAR’s R&D Center. NASCAR Vice President of Competition Robin Pemberton said on Tuesday that Larson’s car had been impounded but not yet inspected by NASCAR. Pemberton said there is no timetable for when the investigation might be completed.
©2000 - 2008 Thomas Bowles and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!