No. 30 Qualcomm/Bell Helmets Chevrolet News and Notes
- Welcome Back... Nelson Piquet Jr. heads to Martinsville Speedway this week, for the 19thrace of the 22-race season. Piquet Jr. has had three previous starts at NASCAR's smallest track, and claimed his best finish in the spring of this year when he captured his first top-10 of the 2012 season.
- Still Time to Donate...With the help of Alpinestars and NY-based artist Claw Money, Piquet Jr. has raised over $1000 so far through eBay Giving Works for the Susan G. Komen foundation. Items that have already been auctioned off included the hood of his Talladega Superspeedway No. 30 Chevrolet Silverado as well as specially designed Breast Cancer Awareness hats and t-shirts signed by Piquet Jr. There will still be time to get your hands on more Piquet Jr. items through Auctions.NASCAR.com later this week. To simply donate to the cause, please go to the donation page created on behalf of Piquet Jr., Claw Money and Alpinestars: http://bit.ly/SvhWvn
- This Week's Silverado...Piquet Jr. and the No. 30 Qualcomm/Bell Helmets team will unload chassis TMS-225 for this weekend's event at Martinsville Speedway. TMS-225 is a brand-new chassis for the Turner Motorsports team. TMS- 225 briefly saw action on the track last week for a day of testing at the Motor Mile Speedway in Fairlawn, VA.
- Safety First...Piquet Jr.'s Chevy Silverado bed top will be adorned by Bell Helmets for 200 laps around Martinsville Speedway this coming weekend. Bell Helmets has been producing protection for the Brazilian racing sensation for over five years and is the world's leading auto racing and karting helmet company. For more information visit: www.bellracing.com
- Social Media 101...Owned by Piquet Jr.'s spotter, Mike Callinoff, 140 Buzz will also adorn the bed top of the No. 30 machine for the Kroger 200. 140 Buzz is a dynamic social media and public relations firm addressing the needs of clients through visibility tactics including social media, SEO, public relations, branding and integrated marketing. For more information visit: www.140Buzz.com
- Most Popular Driver... Less than a month from now, the voting polls will officially close for the 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Most Popular Driver. You can cast your vote for the Brazilian racing sensation by heading to www.NASCAR.com/ncwtsmpd. You can vote once per day from now until November 19th, 2012.
- Watch LIVE... Tune in to catch this week's NCWTS Kroger 200 from Martinsville Speedway live on SPEED on Saturday, October 27th at 2:00 pm ET, with pre-race coverage starting at 1:30 pm ET. You can also tune into MRN radio and NASCAR SiriusXM channel 90.
Nelson Piquet Jr. on Martinsville Speedway -
"I've been ready to return to Martinsville Speedway for a long time now. I won't lie, it used to be one of my least favorite tracks, but when I returned here for my third start, I felt as if I got the hang of this kind of track. I was really happy with my sixth-place finish in the spring, but I think I can do much better this time. We're bringing a brand-new chassis and I was very impressed with it after our test day last week. My team has worked very hard and deserves another win. I think this weekend should be it.
Nelson Piquet Jr. NCWTS results at Martinsville Speedway:
Top 5: 0
Top 10: 1
Laps Led: 0
Average Start: 14.3
Average Finish: 16.3