Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Doug Turnbull · Wednesday February 10, 2010
10. Tony Eury Jr. saying “What the … ?” on the radio when Patrick mentions the car has “over-steer.”
9. A long line of lonely pit lizards outside the Nationwide Series garage.
8. Morgan Shepherd’s Racing With Jesus/Fans for Faith Toyota being the least-noticed green car in the race.
7. Michael Waltrip offering to spend extra time with Patrick in the motorhome lot to teach her the tricks of the trade.
6. Every wife and girlfriend on pit road keeping one eye on their man, the other on Patrick, and hoping their eyes don’t cross.
5. Someone hatching the genius idea of a commercial that includes both the GoDaddy.com girls and Kevin Conway’s ExtenZe car.
4. An awkward silence if Tony Stewart tries his “slap the butt while they’re being interviewed” routine on her before the race.
3. A possible pit road cat fight between her and Delana Harvick, if Patrick wrecks Kevin.
2. Not seeing coverage of any other driver in the race on TV.
1. Jamie Little stopping by Patrick’s car after the race and persuading her that she has what it takes to be a GoDaddy.com girl. See more at GoDaddy.com. (WARNING: website content unrated).
Listen to Doug weekly on The Allan Vigil Ford Lincoln Mercury Speedshop racing show with host Captain Herb Emory each Saturday, from 12-1 p.m., on News/Talk 750 WSB in Atlanta and on wsbradio.com. Doug also hosts the “Chase Elliott Podcast” and the “Bill Elliott Racing Podcast” on ChaseElliott.com and BillElliott.com.
©2000 - 2008 Doug Turnbull and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
How about a good old fashioned bottom lip protruding foot stomping tantrum down pit road when something does not go her way.
Isn’t Danica married? (Just wondering.) Seems to me there is another female trying to race Saturday..Chrissy Wallace. What I see going on here is a huge “clash” of two stereo types..the “macho, red neck, beer drinking, pick up driving, fist fighting NASCAR fans”…and the “petite, shapely, champagne drinking, swimsuit modeling, Indy driving, WOMAN”. SOOO…maybe if we toss aside those stereo types….Opps! We can’t! If it wasn’t for the those images..we wouldn’t have all the hype..and without all the hype NASCAR would be back to square one..trying to figure out how to save it’s fanny…Right now they are riding high and hoping the fans will forget the real problems they are facing..
The only way the hype about this weekend could get any bigger would be for Danica to announce she was divorcing her hubby and marrying Dale Jr.
Gee, this is funny—NOT!
What a waste of space!
I, for one, applaud NA$CAR for bringing Danica into the fold. Since NA$CAR, in these tough economic times, have provided relief to their network partners by only making them cover 12 cars during the Chase, once Danica comes to Cup, they’ll only have to cover one during the other 26. I feel better already.
The innuendos are limitless. Tight entry loose exit. She was on top off him in turn 1. She’s on the pole!!
gtr… Now that’s funny I don’t care who ya are.