Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Doug Turnbull · Wednesday March 10, 2010
10. Four words: Rental. Car. Drag. Race.
9. Signed him up to appear on stage on SPEED’s Fast Track to Fame with Michael Waltrip.
8. Cellophane on the toilet bowl, stink bombs in his motorhome, “Kick Me” sign on his driving suit …
7. Kept his helmet on and shoved him in sissy-like Jeff Gordon fashion after the race.
6. Left a “F@#$ you very much” note on the seat of his airplane.
5. Followed him into a restaurant, sat at a different table, ordered a bunch of food and drinks, only to tell the waitress “that guy over there” said he would foot the bill.
4. Called him a “decrepit has-been that never was” on TV.
3. Twittered his cell number, John Daly-style.
2. Switched out his urine sample with Jeremy Mayfield’s in the NASCAR hauler.
1. First read a copy of Denny Hamlin’s “How to Spin Out a Guy on a Fast Straightaway and Not Almost Place Him in the Grandstands.”
Listen to Doug weekly on The Allan Vigil Ford Lincoln Mercury Speedshop racing show with host Captain Herb Emory each Saturday, from 12-1 PM, on News/Talk 750 WSB in Atlanta and on wsbradio.com. Doug also hosts the “Chase Elliott Podcast” and the “Bill Elliott Racing Podcast” on ChaseElliott.com and BillElliott.com.
©2000 - 2008 Doug Turnbull and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Number 11 would be “let their mommies duke it out”!
From a long time racing fan this is going to come across as bizarre. Most of the modern day nas$car drivers remind of male super models in race cars. God forbid, but that’s my take. I started thinking along these lines in the last couple of years, but it’s really hit me this year. I realize it’s high speed danger, but do they all (male and female) have to look like they just came out of the shower on a godaddy commercial? Tell me I’m wrong here. I don’t think I am.