Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Doug Turnbull · Wednesday August 11, 2010
10. Overcompensate from the fuel-saving move he made at Sonoma in June by over-revving the engine on caution laps and jumping the flag on the restart.
9. Inadvertently throw his water bottle onto the track during a late green-flag run, causing an infamous late-race debris caution that erases his lead.
8. Trying to make up ground on the Watkins Glen Inner Loop by taking the cut through.
7. Miscounting the laps and pulling into Victory Lane one lap early, ala Mark Martin several years back.
6. Block a competitor from passing him coming to the checkers. Oh, wait … they only take away wins for that in IndyCars.
5. Start answering presumptuous congratulatory texts while driving on the last lap and wreck.
4. Lineup on the final restart in front of Juan Pablo Montoya.
3. Say something unflattering about NASCAR in Victory Lane – turns out they don’t like that.
2. Miss a shift while switching in-car iPod to, “Man Down Under.”
1. Announce he’s leaving a fully-funded car with no plan to join another funded, competitive team and then leave open the possibility of returning to Australia.
Listen to Doug weekly on The Allan Vigil Ford Lincoln Mercury Speedshop racing show with host Captain Herb Emory each Saturday, from 12-1 p.m., on News/Talk 750 WSB in Atlanta and on wsbradio.com. Doug also hosts podcasts on ChaseElliott.com and BillElliott.com.
Connect with Doug!
Contact Doug Turnbull
©2000 - 2008 Doug Turnbull and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
I checked out the Foto Funnies—-that one with France—Cup Chasin Bitch was EPIC !!