Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
As the economy continues to sputter, the list of teams starting-and-parking in NASCAR’s three national touring series is getting longer. With teams now often running second and third cars to fund one full-time car to run the distance in races each weekend, and with NASCAR (feebly) trying to discourage the practice, here are some of the more creative excuses teams have listed in results for why they dropped out early from races.
10. Bald tires.
9. Non-working headlights and turn signals.
8. Pit crew watching race from the stands.
7. Cat in the motor.
6. Showroom V-8 under the hood.
5. Kurt Busch’s team stole the race tires.
4. U-Haul truck used to transport race car is due back.
3. Three-race, 150-mile warranty will expire on motor if they run more than 50 laps.
2. Because Johnny Chapman is driving.
Listen to Doug weekly on The Allan Vigil Ford Lincoln Mercury Speedshop racing show with host Captain Herb Emory each Saturday, from 12-1 p.m., on AM-750 and NOW 95.5 FM News/Talk WSB in Atlanta and on wsbradio.com. Doug also hosts podcasts on ChaseElliott.com and BillElliott.com.
Connect with Doug!
Contact Doug Turnbull
©2000 - 2008 Doug Turnbull and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!