Are you excited about NASCAR’s version of the playoffs? Or are you one of those fans who could care less about the Chase?
Either way, we have the perfect thing for you! For the third year, Frontstretch.com presents our Chase Challenge. It’s your opportunity to show everyone that you truly are championship material. And if your fantasy NASCAR team has long dropped from contention, you can start fresh and go for the big prizes we are offering at the end of the season.
Prizes will be awarded to the top five finishers and the best part is the winner of the 2009 Chase Challenge will take home a great prize package provided by MC2 Energy Drink and $50! There is no entry fee to play, so what are you waiting for?
1st- MC2 Energy Drink Prize Pack + $50
The package includes an MC2 Racing T-Shirt, Cap, 10 energy drinks, poster and shaver plus an automatic entry into the MC2 sweepstakes for a chance to win an orientation flight in a fighter jet or family trip to Las Vegas Motor Speedway or driving experience at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
2nd- $40 + Frontstretch.com Tshirt*
3rd – $25 + Frontstretch.com Tshirt*
4th and 5th – 2010 Athlon Racing Magazine
*We have a variety of sizes available. However, if you request a size we don’t have in stock, an Athlon Racing Magazine may be substituted.
*Remember when you make a trade, you can only use one of the two drivers you did not originally choose. You’re allowed just one trade in the final nine races. Trades must be turned in 1 hour prior to the race you want to make the trade for.
For those of you who need a refresher from last year or are new this season, here’s how the game works…
Pick one of the 12 Chase eligible drivers for each of the 10 races in the Chase, then sit back as you earn points each week. But there is a catch – you can’t use a driver at more than one track and you must make your picks before the green flag drops on the Chase at Loudon.
We are adding in one new feature from last year – the opportunity to make one driver change during the Chase. You can take one of the two drivers you did not use when you made your original picks and change one race.
- You must pick 1 driver for each of the 10 Chase races. You can’t use a driver at more than one track. For example: you can’t use Jeff Gordon at Kansas and Homestead.
- The entry period will start Sunday after Richmond and up until one hour prior to the race at Loudon. We will try to browse over your picks as they come in, but we can’t guarantee that we will catch all invalid entries. Make sure that you only pick a driver ONCE. Also, if you submit more than one pick we will take the one that came in last.
- If an entry is received and scored with the same driver listed twice, we will use the driver in the first race he is listed only. Ex: the same driver is picked for race 4 and race 9. We will score race 4 and no points will be awarded for race 9 unless the one driver change allowed is used to correct this.
- Points will be earned based on the points earned by the driver in each race. We will go off the official race results issued by NASCAR, normally on Monday, and scores will be posted weekly when the rest of the fantasy games are updated.
- To make a driver change, you must turn in your change of driver form one hour prior to the race you are making the change for. Also, the driver you are subbing in must be one of the two drivers that you didn’t use in your original picks. For example: You want to drop Jeff Gordon from the Kansas race. Carl Edwards and Jimmie Johnson were the two drivers you did not select on your original submission, so that means you can replace Gordon with either Edwards or Johnson.
- You are allowed only one driver change.
- The winner will be determined following the race at Homestead. If there is a tie in any of the prize playing positions, we will use the tie-breaking questions that were submitted with your original entry. The Top 5 scorers will win prizes.
- Submissions received after the start of the first race of the Chase will not be accepted. If you send in more than one entry, we will use the most recent one received.
1. Loudon – Biffle
2. Dover – Edwards
3. Kansas – Johnson
4. Talladega – Stewart
5. Charlotte – Vickers
6. Martinsville – Hamlin
7. Atlanta – Martin
8. Texas – Montoya
9. Phoenix – Newman
10. Homestead – Gordon
Drivers in the garage: Busch and Kahne
For the sake of this sample, let’s say that Kasey Kahne really starts to heat up early in the Chase and you think he’s going to run better at Charlotte than Brian Vickers. Before the race at Charlotte, our player sends in their driver sub form and replaces Vickers with Kahne.
That is the only driver change that is allowed during the 10 week game. Remember only the two drivers in the garage are the only ones you can use as a sub.
©2000 - 2008 Cami Starr and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!