Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Tuesday May 29, 2012
IZOD IndyCar Series Race Results for the Indianapolis 500
Race Results (with starting position)
1. (16) Dario Franchitti (No.50 Honda) at 220.145 mph
2. (15) Scott Dixon (No.9 Honda) at 220.103 mph
3. (8) Tony Kanaan (No.11 Chevrolet) at 218.582 mph
· Today’s victory in the Indianapolis 500 is Franchitti’s 31st win in Indy car racing and 16th on an oval.
· With the win, Franchitti ties Paul Tracy and Sebastien Bourdais for seventh on the all-time Indy car wins list with 31.
· Scott Dixon has completed the last 1,366 consecutive laps of Indianapolis 500 competition, which represents the most consecutive laps completed by a driver in Indianapolis 500 history.
· Today marks the second time Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon finished 1-2, respectively, in the Indianapolis 500.
Scott Dixon: “It was pretty close and (Dario Franchitti and Takuma Sato) got a run on me into (Turn) 1 there. Sato was definitely a guy throwing it in there all day and he tried to do the same thing to Dario. I thought we were going to get really lucky because they touched and I thought they were both going to end up in the fence. Credit to Dario. He had a bad start to the day and came through the field. It’s a 1-2 finish for Target on their 50th anniversary. You couldn’t have it a better way.”
Dario Franchitti: "I just want to dedicate this to two of Indianapolis' finest, Dan Wheldon and Michael Wanser. Thanks to all of the Indianapolis fans for their tribute to Dan today. What a race. What a race. I think D-dub (Wheldon) would be proud of that one."
Up next, Target Chip Ganassi Racing will compete in the Chevrolet Detroit Belle Isle Grand Prix on Sunday, June 3 (3:30pm ET on ABC).
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @TCGRTeams for updates throughout the season.
This report was provided by an outside PR source and posted by Beth Lunkenheimer.
©2000 - 2008 Beth Lunkenheimer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!