Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
TweetTop Ten Reasons There Will NOT Be a Petty Racing at Daytona This Weekend (First Time Since 1965!)
Frontstretch Weekly Top Ten · Jeff Meyer · Tuesday July 3, 2007
10. Been there, done that.
9. "The King" just turned 70 this week and let's face it, the older you get, the longer it takes to recover from birthday parties.
8. All of the Pettys are at that age where nothing beats a good nap on a Saturday afternoon.
7. Richard didn't want to risk winning number 201, and Kyle is simply happy with 8.
6. Figured they'd skip one since some of their prior investments seem to be panning out.
5. Just no fun in Daytona since Bill passed away.
4. Pettys are boycotting Daytona since Brian officially changed his title to "The King of NASCAR."
3. Didn't want the consecutive number of years at Daytona to exceed the numbers on the Petty cars.
2. NASCAR-issued restrictor plates were accidentally delivered to the Victory Junction Gang Camp, and the kids used them to heighten the "trucks" on a camp skateboard.
1. Kyle's mom grounded him for 2 weeks – "â€¦if that's the kind of language you use when doing that silly racing thing!"
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
At first, I though this was just another “Petty” article.
I was half right, anyway.
A light way to look at a semi-sweet day.
and remember. Back in the day.
Jeff, not sure why but #1 hit me just the right way and had me cracking up…maybe it was the visual I had in my head of some elderly woman pulling Kyle around by his ear…don’t know..but whatever it was it was a good laugh..thanks.
The Petty family has nothing to prove to you bunch of lame-brains or anybody else. Richard won 7 (SEVEN) Daytona 500’s. Kyle has been racing for 30 years. Everyone knows racing was not his #1 career choice, but he honored his father’s wishes. Lay off.
I’ve been a Petty fan since 1963 and am disappointed that Kyle is not racing there. But, why should anyone show up besides the Chevrolets?? Dodges and Fords are suffering this year!
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.