Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Tuesday July 17, 2007
10. Let Medallion Financial Corp.^ sponsor the race, featuring 43 selected cab drivers as the drivers while the actual drivers ride shotgun and try to give them advice. (Great for the Diversity program, too!)
^ – The leading financier of taxicab medallions in various U.S. cities, who desperately wants to buy into NASCAR
9. Move the date to California Speedway so we, the fans, can hear once again just how full the stands really are and how great the shopping is under the grandstands.
8. Hold the race on the Dan Ryan Expressway during regular rush hour traffic. (We'll see just how brave NASCAR drivers really are!)
7. Feed each driver a plate of "Chicago Style" hot dogs and baked beans before the race and enhance the in-car audio for that true "Windy City" effect.
6. Cut the race down to a 50-lap shootout.
5. Lean the frontstretch catchfence in towards the infield just to mess with Tony's mind in case he wins. ("â€¦And Leon's getting laaaarrrger!")
4. Remove all sponsor decals and numbers and paint all the cars the same color, leaving fans on the edge of their seats as they wait to see who climbs out in Victory Lane.
3. Move the race to the suburb of Cabrini-Green.
2. Let all those that "Did Not Qualify" do the telecast.
1. Clone Kyle Busch 42 times and put them all on the track in identical cars, just so we can hear how Kyle didn't help himself pass himself on the final lap, thus robbing him from beating himself after the race.
Do you know which struggling Nextel Cup team is ready to purchase Ginn Racing’s No. 13, buying its way into a weekly starting spot? If you don’t know the answer, it’s because you’re not getting our Frontstretch newsletter…and why not? It takes two seconds to sign up, and it’s absolutely FREE! Don’t waste another minute and click here to start getting even more news, commentary, and special features from your favorite Frontstretch contributors.
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
hahahahha. Love the “Airplane” reference!
Hee! Beware – #1 can cause water to come out of your nose. :)
Jeff, I LOVE #4. That would actually be fun!
I think #1 was pretty good. I spit my coffee on my computer screen when I read it because of my laughing.
Imagine if it had been Tony Stewart cloned 42 times. Could the catch fence hold all 43 Tonys?
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.