Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Tuesday August 28, 2007
10. Remove about 20,000 seats.
9. Offer the O. J. Simpson Driving Experience, complete with a free pair of driving gloves. (They fail to fit, by the wayâ€¦)
8. Plant lettuce and other forms of produce in the infield, and tape an application for harvesters on every seat.
7. Replace all ISC-owned concessions and Wolfgang Puck's restaurant with In & Out Burger stands.
6. Make all tickets available to only Darlington-area fans, with the promise that Brian France will personally greet each fan as they enter the Speedway.
5. Move the race back to Darlington, but rename it “California Speedway” for the weekend.
4. Offer a free Race Day Experience to all “washed up,” “overrated,” “self-inflated” and “childhood” stars, actors, and entertainers.
3. Require all ticket purchases to be by National Rifle Association members, and feature Rosie O'Donnell as the pre-race entertainment.
2. Schedule a NFL preseason game to be played in the infield during the Cup race.
1. Schedule Hillary Clinton as entertainment, and sell tickets only to Republicans. Remember, all festivities to coincide with the harvest of the infield tomato crop!
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Why not issue free passes to all the illegal immigrants in California??
I like dirtrakr’s answer and it will also build up the minority fan base that Na$car is going after!lol
hahahahahhahahahha to both Dirtrake and Rick
Road racing, drag racing, and off-road racing have always been popular in SoCal, but oval track racing just isn’t.
Dirtrakr and Rick…
I had that covered in #8. The original version I submitted also said..“English speakers need NOT apply”
Apparently, my editors, in a sudden attack of politcal correctness, felt that last part would offend someone and cut it out.
Which when you think about it is really silly…those that it might offend wouldnn’t be able to read it anyway!
JM – Hil-ary-ASS (sound it out..hilarious..)
jr.johnson 4/18/65 north wilks.4/19/65.t lebonte 03/02/86 the rock 06/08/86 r.wallace 11/08/87 riverside 11/04/87 k.petty 03/04/90richmond 03/08/90
Another great top 10 list….only problem with no.2 is no body would show up for that either, thats why LA doesn’t have a football team now, maybe NASCAR should take that hint and come back east…..
Turn off all the lights and make them race in the dark. We might see something exciting then! Man, I miss Darlington!
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.