Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Frontstretch Top Ten · Jeff Meyer · Wednesday April 9, 2008
10. $450.00 for new shorts and driver's suit, by Michael McDowell. (Uniforms and Work Clothes)
9. $1500.00 for the complete set of "Deep Thoughts" works by Jack Handey, submitted by Brian France. (Work-Related Educational Expenses)
8. $750.00 for resumes from Fed Ex / Kinko’s, submitted by Jeremy Mayfield. (Moving Expenses)
7. $5000.00 submitted by Chip Ganassi for several copies of Rosetta Stone; Espanol (Latin America) for his entire staff. (Work-Related Educational Expenses)
6. 1 million dollars, submitted by Rosetta Stone, for Research and Development into a teaching guide for future employers of Ward Burton. (Rumored to be called “Burtonese”)
5. $79.95 for the deluxe Trackpass package, submitted by Carl Edwards' suspended crew chief, Bob Osborne, so he can work from home. (Unreimbursed Employee Expense)
4. $50.00 to $250.00 (depending on the “tat”) by thousands of Dale Earnhardt, Jr. fans to artfully add another “8” to existing tattoos. (Medical Expenses)
3. $50,000, described as “donations” to members of the National Stock Car Racing Commission, submitted by Robby Gordon. (Charitable Contributions and/or Legal Expenses)
2. Various amounts, depending on the price of a bus pass in whichever city they happen to live in, submitted by Ward Burton, Shane Hmiel, Kevin Grubb, Ricky Craven, et al. (Local Transportation)
1. $2500.00 to the Richard Petty Driving Experience, submitted by Kyle Petty. (Work-related Educational Expenses)
Did you hear the latest on Ryan Newman’s penalty for failing post-race inspection at Texas? If the answer’s no, you weren’t reading today’s edition of the Frontstretch Newsletter. Still don’t get it in your inbox? Don’t wait another minute; click here to sign up for FREE.
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
LMAO!! Classic, Jeff!!!
I wonder if Carl Edwards can submit for commuting expenses…he DID bike from Columbia MO to St. Louis for the Gateway race last year…bicycle maintenance????
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.