Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Wednesday May 14, 2008
10. “It’s the way that you use it to your advantage. Some guys are getting it more than others.” – Kyle Busch, talking about Carl’s car presumably.
9. “Mine used to look like that when I was racing.” – Jimmy Spencer
8. “They [complain] when we’ve got too many rules and then they want us to create more. NASCAR is not going to police any team’s rear ends more than we already do.” – Series director John Darby
7. “The way it sits up high and tight and slightly to the right is just fabulous! You can tell he’s been working hard on it. Oh, and I hear his race car is pretty good too.” – Richard Simmons
6. “All I know is that I’m going to be paying $6 mil a year for it to make an impression in the race seat!” – Jack Roush
5. “If he ever tries that fake punch crap again, I going to kick it!” – Matt Kenseth
4. “Oh my! (sigh)” – Female Edheads nationwide
3. “Here in the garage, we don’t mess with his rear end anymore than NASCAR will allow, I can assure you of that.” – No. 99 Crew Chief, Bob Osborne
2. “NASCAR knows it’s happening. They see it. When cars can’t even get on the scales because they’re running sideways, it’s something they need to address.” – Jeff Gordon
1. “For a NASCAR driver, its HAPPEN’N! I’ve seen it. It is right off the scale! It’s really something! I need his address! – Ingrid Vandebosch (Mrs. Jeff Gordon)
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
I do believe that by complaining about Carl’s rear end, Jeff Gordon is just making a rear end of himself. Didn’t he come in third this week?
Lately I’m getting confused about whether I’m reading about NASCAR or plastic surgery with all this talk about rear end modifications…
Isn’t it funny that Jeff Gordon, who once had the most innovative crew chief in NASCAR when it came to finding the Grey areas, would complain about the 99 finding, and using, a grey area.
Next thing you know, He’ll be complaining that Rick Hendrick is giving Jr. all of the best equipment.
Well, being right about 1 out of 2 isn’t bad.
Jeff Gordon is one of the biggest crybaby hypocrites in the garage. Anything he does is perfectly legal, but if anyone else does it, its cheating and should be stopped. The man is an awesome race car driver, but he’s a poor sport when he loses.
It doesn’t matter if it’s Jeff Gordon or Dale Jr. or whoever, all drivers complain and whine about somethin so get over it because you would be too!
I almost feel sorry for poor Jeff Gordon, winless in the first 10 races of the year is having quite the effect on this cry-baby! But go back and watch the replay of Sunday night’s Windtunnel show, when Edwards was on it. Despain showed a video of three cars, Ryan Newman’s, Joe Nemechek’s, and although Despain identified the third car as Edwards, it was clearly Kyle Busch’s, and it clearly showed both Newman’s and Busch’s cars skewed. And I’m guessing if these two cars are like that, Gordon’s, Johnson’s and Earnhardt’s cars are also skewed. So this proves that since Jeffy-poo-poo only centered out Edwards, that he needs his eyes checked too! Come on Jeff! Get a life and stop complaining just because you’ve fallen behind!
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.