Find tons of cheap tickets to 2013 speedway races like Talladega NASCAR schedule, Brickyard 400 at Indy Motor Speedway, Michigan Speedway Racing plus the full 2013 Monster Jam schedule
Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
The Frontstretch Top Ten · Jeff Meyer · Wednesday June 18, 2008
10. Make sure that NASCAR’s Most Popular Driver wins, so the maximum number of people are happy.
9. Make sure Kyle Busch doesn’t win for exactly the same reason.
8. Send an expendable official out in front of Matt Kenseth’s car to create controversy and sympathy for all officials.
7. Allow the officials to unionize, thus creating the Association For Race Officials, (AFRO) so this sort of thing doesn’t happen again.
6. Threaten to drown any journalist that was planning on writing about it last week. (HEY! Wait a minute…)
5. Pull advertising revenue from any publication or deny any journalist credentials that plans on writing about it THIS week.
4. Announce the best plan ever to sell out Auto Club Speedway (aka California Speedway): Allow it to be used for mass gay marriages under new “diversity plan” guidelines.
3. “What lawsuit?” – Brian France
2. Announce that they have reworded an earlier memo to be more specific; when instructing Nationwide Officials “to help the series gain more exposure to minorities…” remind them that Junior Johnson was NEVER ONCE mentioned in the memo.
1. Put Brian France on television to talk about it, thus insuring no one will listen and probably even turn off the set altogether.
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Jeff – What a hoot!!! Thanks so much for this! Was #3 above true? Wouldn’t surprise me at all!!!
Maybe I’m being a overly sensitive, but I think this article is in POOR TASTE!
These are SERIOUS allegations that NASCAR has to deal with. And if any of the allegations are true, it could cause permanent damage to the sport. And, given some people’s perception of the sport, some damage may have already been done.
The only article that would be less tasteful would be a comic one after a driver has died.
Another good one Jeff.
I think France and company are in Wag the Dog mode right now and are doing everything possible to bury any mention of the lawsuit. Even if it means bending the rules to ensure certain driver(s) get wins to generate press. The more press there is, the more distance from the mention of the lawsuit.
This also shows what a joke the Diversity Program really is. The fans can see it. Why can’t the folks who are closest to the problem?
Makes one wonder if anyone is really in charge in NA$CARLAND?
When the NA$CAR officials
were discussing “Johnson”, it sure wasn’t Jimmy!
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Top Ten Reasons People With No Sense of Humor Write In And Complain About These Lists
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.