Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Wednesday November 5, 2008
10. According to Ford, Texas Motor Speedway is more akin to “highway driving” than, say, Martinsville.
9. Brian France mandated Jeff Gordon and Carl were to have slightly bigger tanks than the rest of the field to make the script more exciting.
8. Most of the time, Carl was so far ahead, he was coming downhill out of the banking while everyone else was going up.
7. The team secretly used something else besides Sunoco, the Official Fuel of NASCAR.
6. He did it just to piss off teammate Marty Feldman… I mean, Greg Biffle. (Did you see Biff’s eyes in his post race interview!)
5. The team dipped into their standard “burn out reserve” that they automatically figure into Carl’s fuel calculations.
4. Bush’s Baked Beans.
3. When you draft behind lapped traffic, of course you will save gas.
2. When the “Cat in the Hat” is on your box, magical things happen.
1. Maybe, just maybe, racers like Gordon and Edwards are a bit more talented than, say… Biffle and others?!
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Reason #11: NASCAR momentarily stopped blowing smoke up our butts and collectively directed it towards the track.
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.