Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Tuesday February 10, 2009
Author’s Note: First off, I must share credit for this Top Ten with Mike Neff. Secondly, remember this is humor! We LOVE James here at Frontstretch!
10. Inadvertently brought a CoY instead of a CoT.
9. Forgot to put Stabil in the tank last year.
8. At 74 years old, damned if he could remember where he put those keys!
7. Forgot to take the battery out of his Buick LeSabre and put it back in the race car.
6. Mark Martin put sugar in his gas tank.
5. His walker wouldn’t fit in the trunk.
4. Line from portable oxygen tank kept tripping the kill switch.
3. James and his entire crew fell asleep after the Blue Bird special.
2. Didn’t want to be labeled as the first “start and park” of the year.
1. He was skeert!
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
I am 72 years of age so I can see the humor of the article. ROTFLMAO. It is actually a tribute to James Hylton who not only had a great career but has amazing staying power in still being active in the sport.
Richard Petty is 71 and just last night somone mentioned to me if NASCAR wanted to sell tickets to a race talk “The King” back into a car. Its not rocket science you mash the gas and turn left.
I figured he forgot the left turn signal was on and that ran the battery down!
HEY! Wait a minute, wait a durn minute! Leave us old guys alone!
James Hylton’s car, the #08 Chevy, was taken from him and he was left with Boris Said’s #60 Dodge, that couldn’t start or run. Marybeth
Boris Said’s #60 is a Ford, always has been. He gets support from Roush in exchange for teaching his driver’s how to road race.
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.