Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
TweetTop Ten Things I Could've Done That Would Have Been More Exciting Than Watching a California Race
Jeff Meyer · Tuesday February 28, 2006
10. Shovel the snow off the yard so I could rake up the leaves underneath.
9. Remove the couch cushions to find loose change, trying to identify where the coins are by feeling the stuff way down deep in the cracks before actually pulling it out and looking.
8. Straighten out all the wires and cables behind the computer desk.
7. Clean out the cat box using the neighbor kid’s toy excavator, pretending I’m digging up an old sewer pipe. (I just may actually do this one! Sounds like fun!)
6. Listen to all my old BeeGees and Barry Manilow albums.
5. Watch 6 hours of "The Andy Griffith Show" in honor of Don Knotts. (Another thing that I probably will ACTUALLY do!)
4. Put a piece of duct tape right between my cat’s shoulder blades and time how long it takes her to get it off.
3. Clean up the house after putting a piece of duct tape right between my cat’s shoulder blades and timing how long it takes her to get it off.
2. Paint my toenails.
1. Tangle up all the wires and cables behind the computer desk in anticipation of the blessed 2nd race this year in California.
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
I thought it was me getting old cause I fell asleep!! lol
I was so bored I listed a bunch of crap on eBay. Here’s a real gem: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4841457763&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
I was so bored that I actually cleaned out my late husband’s closet!
I was so bored listening to it on the radio at work that I actually worked!
Watch paint dry.
Pluck nose hairs.
Cut down the mightiest tree in the forrest with a herring…
I was too busy with my souvenier stand under the bleachers with 10,000 people in my line to watch the race
Well that explains all the empty seats. They were all at Steve’s souvenier stand! Figure another 10K in the can and we got a sell out!
The real truth is NASCAR is too busy counting their money to care what RACE fans really think. NASCARS quest for MORE $$$’s has nearly ruined the races. Jewel ?? Who cares! Lets race and be done with all the preshow garbage too!!
racing is more than a wreck every ten laps. biffle stank up the show, yes. but seeing a bristol race with 26 cautions is just as boring. it’s racing i enjoy, not demolition derbies
Threw in a tape of “Thunder in Carolina” from 1963. Pretended I was in Darlington when racin’ was racin’ If any of you can find it, this is one film EVERY fan should own. Rory Calhoun, no less.
I shampooed carpets and did my pre-spring cleaning then took a nap.
I was at the race. ZZZZZZ
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.