Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
10. His new wife had begun to question him: “I thought you said you were good at this racing stuff?”
9. He and Jeff Hammond had plans for later in the evening, and Gordon needed something to wear that would match.
8. Wanted some new handguns and didn’t want to mess with the “required waiting period.”
7. He heard that owner Rick Hendrick had begun to inquire of his lawyers as to the exact definition of a “lifetime contract.”
6. He wasn’t distracted by having a supermodel nagging him at the track this weekend.
5. His quarterly alimony payment was due.
4. Carl Edwards’ pit crew.
3. Apparently his “pole” was longer than Junior’s and, therefore, he was able to find his pit stall.
2. Chad and Jimmie mistakenly thought the race was 503 miles.
1. Wanted to show the Busch brothers and the fans how real racers celebrate a victory on “Burnout Alley!”
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
In my opinion the ONLY reason he won was because Carl,s pit crew gave it to him. So that should be the number one reason.
I have to agree with Johnboy60
Hmmmm…..How many has Carl won the same way? It’s just another part of the game!
Jeff, you need to let Bill Engvall or Larry the Cable Guy handle the funny stuff. Say, what is your day job, anyway?
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.