Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Wednesday April 22, 2009
10. Got tired of babysitting his brother’s kids for minimum wage.
9. Couldn’t get Brian France to stop making monkey noises during the board meetings.
8. Bruton Smith (who does kinda look like Marlon Brando) made him an offer he couldn’t refuse to work at SMI.
7. It is all just a ploy so they look better in future “anti-trust” lawsuits.
6. He’s getting ready to replace Brian as the CEO of NASCAR (We can only hope.)
5. Barack Obama made him do it as a condition for a federal bailout.
4. Got booted after having the audacity to suggest that ISC build something other than a (GASP!) mile-and-a-half cookie cutter track.
3. “Hey, ISC’s stock dropped just as much as most other big corporations with me at the helm. Why don’t I get a bigger bonus this year? Screw this!”
2. Told Lesa France Kennedy, “Ya know, you’re kinda scary up close,” while he was setting his satellite TV package to record from his computer during a board meeting.
1. Like half the populace in this country that is also “reality challenged,” he was more concerned with what was happening tonight on CSI than he was at ISC.
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Well, with a worth of 1.4 billion (ranking him 355 of the 400 richest men in America according to Forbes) I am guessing he wasn’t working for minimum wage. I really think he sat back and said “Hmmm… 1.4B, I think that’s enough success… and I best get out while the getting is good, no telling what that cockeyed nephew of mine is up to now.”
I love #9!!!
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.