Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
(Wikipedia defines a bromance as a “close, but non-sexual relationship between two men, a form of ‘homosocial intimacy’” — as mentioned in Phil Allaway’s rundown of last weekend’s broadcast.)
10. Teresa Earnhardt and her 100 percent of nothing. Oh yeah, there is Chip Ganassi in there too — with Felix Sabates watching. (I guess, since Teresa is a girl, it would be a “gromance?”)
9. Anyone in the media center and the late, great David Poole.
8. Kyle Busch and Kyle Busch (this is more likely a full-fledged romance).
7. Mark Martin and any of “the guys that gave me such a great car tonight. It was just a blast to drive.”
6. FOX and the damn gopher.
5. DW and Kyle Busch. (Usually it is DW and Junior, but there has been nothing to love about him lately — I think DW is trying to make him jealous.)
4. Dale Jr. and Tony Eury, Jr. (If they both are as good as they claim the other is and they still aren’t winning, how else do you explain the two still being together?)
3. Chad and Jimmie.
2. Obviously not Larry McReynolds and any English professors.
1. Brian France and any dead president whose picture happens to be on a small, green piece of paper.
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Here’s one of my own:
Top Ten ways to get more people to read your FrontStretch.com article:
10. Write something positive about Dale Earnhardt, Jr and his past accomplishments.
9. Bash the new car for being ugly and hard to drive.
8. Say something negative about Brian France and the way he runs the sport.
7. Mention how cocky and arrogant Kyle Busch is.
6. Offer your disgust for the top 35 rule.
5. Complain about the late afternoon start times, the overabundance of commercials, or how they never mention any of the non-popular drivers.
4. Mention how screwed up the Cup schedule is, and what a travesty of justice it is that they dont race at Darlington on Labor Day weekend anymore.
3. Bring up how many times Dale Earnhardt, Sr. said he hated restrictor plate racing, even though he won a ton of races at both tracks.
2. Mention how great the racing used to be back in the good old days.
1. Bonus points for how many new adjectives you create to describe the racing (or lack of) at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA.
As quoted from KevinInSocal, “10. Write something positive about Dale Earnhardt, Jr and his past accomplishments.”
Now I know this is called “THE FRONTSTRECTCH”, but trying to come up with “Jr.‘s accomplishemnts” would really be a “STRETCH”!
Unless you call how many cases of beer he and his “gang” consume daily!
Kevin in SoCal, while you’re up Brian France’s butt, you may want to see if you can find his head, too.
Douglas, that’s why I said “past” accomplishments.
Ann, I’m no where near Brian France nor his butt. I’m simply commenting on the articles I’ve read on this website this year. They all seem to follow a script. Now wait, I’m not complaining about it, just making an observation. I like reading this site and the many comments from the fans who read it, too.
When it comes to most of the media, “What have you done lately” tends to be what peaks their interest and coverage.However, when it comes to the media coverage of NA$CAR, it’s what Brian France dictates as to “what’s hot and what’s not”.
Leave creating new adjectives to Larry Mac and DW since they both do a good job of inventing “new words”, much to the dismay of English professors and Webster’s Dictionaries everywhere.
As to a “gromance”, well, how about Mikey Waltrip and all those young drivers he thinks are so cute?
So, more from Kevin in SoCal:
“ I’m simply commenting on the articles I’ve read on this website this year. They all seem to follow a script.”
Kevin, FYI: AS SCRIPTED BY THAT DRUNKARD BRIAN FRANCE!
If NOTHING changes for the better in NA$CRAP LAND! How possibly can what is written about NA$CRAP get any better or different?
OR? Are we to simply wimper away with our tail between our legs and accept the current NA$CRAP?
Lets take racing back to the decent and fair sport it once was!
I’ll second that Douglas. Let’s have fair racing and cars that actually look like their street counterparts instead of a shoe box with a wing and some wheels.
#9 was way off base. Have respect for the dead, you moron.
Hey Marc, mentioning David Poole in #9 did not strike me as anything other than kinda “honoring” David Poole!
David Poole got along with everyone! And was respected by everyone!
C’mon, lighten up will ya?
My #6 I forgot to mention bashing the top 35 rule AND The Chase.
Thanks for changing #9. David Poole shouldn’t have been mentioned between Dale Jr and Brian France. And, Douglas, I’m from the South, we still pull over beside the road and pull our hats off when the funeral procession comes by. Always have, always will.
Whoops, just saw that was somebody else’s top 10, but I still stick by what I say. Put the emphasis of the slapstick on Goo-Goo Darrel and Lop-Sided Larry, and less on Mr. Poole.
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.