Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Wednesday July 1, 2009
10. It’s the week before the Fourth of July, and most folks stayed home this weekend so they could afford to go out.
9. Most of “Junior Nation” cashed in their “end of the month beer cans” and got their cable reconnected.
8. Naysayers are still tuning in, hoping to be vindicated and see “double file restart mayhem.”
7. It was raining everywhere else, too.
6. Improvements to the track are finally starting to pan out.
5. It’s probably gonna lose a date, so you might as well watch while you can.
4. Word is finally spreading that there really is no more Digger or DW this year.
3. A Kyle Busch apology?! That’s worth tuning in for right there!
2. Well, it is the Lenox Industrial Tool 301! Not the 500. Does that tell you something, NASCAR?
1. One name: Ralph Sheheen!
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Maybe it’s the NASCAR schedulers who should be drug tested. A Saturday night race on the 4th of July? Let’s see: I could go out & watch all kinds of fireworks, If my child is involved in a civic function I will be there, up here we have Taste Of Chicago(BIG fireworks), I personaly have been invited to several parties, Oh I know, I will stay home & watch Nascar on TV! One thing for sure: take the total ratings & subtract some for the markets where it rains saturday night & Nascar will have a true idea of their loyal fan base.
Thanks so much for the dig at Junior Nation. So, just by being a Jr. fan I don’t make enough money to have cable? Far from the truth, but I appreciate the generalization.
ref #1: Imagine the increase if the networks would put Bestwick in the booth.
KRBama…He did say “most”, not all.
Bring back Alan Bestwick!
I’ve always liked “Damned if he does; damned if he doesn’t Junior.” However, because of the political bind he’s in re. his dad (a lot like what Kyle Petty has gone through), I’m really tiring of all the old Dale Sr. hangers-on. He was a hell of a race driver, but he’s gone now. Let him RIP & let Junior do his own thing w/o the “daddy albatross” around his neck.
Kudos to Logano & the 20 bunch for being in the right place at the right time. He’s just one of many who have lucked into a rain-out win. No one has ever given one back, and he owes no apologies to anyone for being up front when the rain came.
Go 14! Tony’s the best!
Hey maybe people watched because it is only scheduled to run 301 laps!!!! Not the 500 miles or laps that most races are.
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.