Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Frontstretch Top Ten · Jeff Meyer · Wednesday August 19, 2009
10. Now that he has saved the rest of the country, he figured he’d work on NASCAR.
9. Wanted to make sure the government bailout money given to the auto industry was going to good use.
8. Got a kick out of creating “scheduling conflicts” for Kyle Busch so he couldn’t attend, mistakenly thinking he was another son of George.
7. Advisers told him it would help his numbers with the over 30, white male crowd.
6. Wants to negotiate a deal for the government to buy/bailout NASCAR and ISC.
5. Nothing else for “the most powerful man in the free world” to do on a lazy Wednesday afternoon.
4. It’s all a PR stunt to announce his new “Cash for Crashed CoTs” program to help struggling teams in these trying economic times.
3. He is thinking about putting in a go-kart track on the south lawn and wanted some advice on the design.
2. Figures these guys all drink Brian France’s Kool-Aid, so they might as well drink his too and help promote the new health care plan … whatever it is.
1. He wants to be the new token, er … poster child for NASCAR’s diversity program!
Editor’s Note: If you haven’t seen it yet, check out this week’s Frontstretch Foto Funnies – Michigan Edition, as Kurt Smith tells the story behind the pictures of your favorite drivers this weekend. Come and have a good laugh with us after a mind-numbing fuel mileage finish in the Irish Hills!
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
11. Wanted to find out what kind of health care they had at the track!
12. Wants to use the hot air generated by NA$CAR’s leadership to power wind turbines to produce electrity which would solve the nation’s energy crisis.
I usually expect this kind of column from you. But this time you have gone overboard by taking on the President of this country. If you don’t like him, that’s fine, but remember he was voted in by the same people who read your column. You have made yourself look small and petty.
Don’t worry Jeff I think alot of people feel the same way you do! I wouldn’t waste my time going if I were any of these drivers!
Jeff, I thought it was funny (especially #4)maybe because I read it as it was written; as humor, not as a slam towards our President or this country. People today and their over zealousness at being PC .. get over it!!! Since when is the President of the U.S. off limits to being made fun of? Late night tv and every bar I’ve been to for a beer has fun with him and his position. Loosen up folks!
I wonder if Ginger and other people who dont like Obama-bashing were the same ones calling for George Bush to be impeached and removed from office? Hrm… Respect the president indeed.
Also, most NASCAR watchers are conservative, and would not have voted for Obama, so I doubt Jeff is going to lose many fans. Then again, he doesnt have many fans to lose in the first place! :) LOL
These comments display exactly why politics should be kept out of not only Nascar, but all sports. Kevin’s point is valid about respect for the president, however the same conservatives who said respect the president when Busch was in office are giving the same dissrespect to Obama now and to Clinton before. So you see respect only seems to be a one way street in politics. Only for the party someone supports. That is the way it is. I think everyone should respect the office whoever is in office, even if you don’t like them. But a little humor never hurt anyone. The reason to leave politics out of sports is because we argue enough over the sport and the competitors never mind adding in another element.
Dear Leader secretly is tired of the green, four cylinder hybrid toys and wants to remember what it was like to be around gas guzzling muscle cars.
“Now that he has saved the rest of the country, he figured he’d work on NASCAR.”
Yeah, right. If his health care plan goes thru we can kiss this country goodbye
“Figures these guys all drink Brian France’s Kool-Aid….”
Yeah, like the media drink the Obama Kool-Aid.
I am hoping one of these guys tells Obama what conservatives think of his stimulus, bailout, and healthcare bills. Get out of my wallet and out of my backyard.
Ginger wrote: “You have made yourself look small and petty.”
Thats better than ‘small and pretty!’
Besides, FS is working on a deal to have the top ten sponsored by ExtenZe….then I can be large and petty, so no worries here!
Mary Anne is much hotter.
i didn’t vote him in
People it doesn’t matter if you voted for him or not. He is the leader of the USA and is trying to clean up the mess that Bush and Chenny left us in. Also I beleive that the president is trying to get the insurance company to lower the cost of buying health insurance so all people can afford it. thanks for letting me rant.
I thought it was just the PC crowd complaining Jeff, but after Susan’s comment, I see its also the ignorant PC crowd.
Kevin in SoCal – don’t be so hard on Jeff, there’s a few fans by the looks of the comments. Very funny though :)
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.