Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Wednesday October 7, 2009
10. They got confused for a moment and thought it was Kyle Busch.
9. Brad was seen talking to Matt Crafton moments before the race.
8. As a director, it’s their job to “direct” the actors when they get to improvising too much.
7. Figured that, as a young driver, he wasn’t aware of the law to “move over and slow down when a Chase vehicle is approaching.”
6. It had been almost a week since NASCAR had done anything stupid.
5. They wanted to send a clear message to Steven Wallace, in case he ever gets a Cup ride.
4. They didn’t want to hear the same ol’ song and dance from Montoya that the other cars were racing him “dirty.”
3. To make a feeble attempt to appear not be kissing Hendrick’s ass.
2. They were still a little miffed that Keselowski had the audacity to qualify third, and to think it was a real race, especially during NASCAR’s showcase “Chase.”
1. According to recently signed contracts, the GoDaddy.com sponsored Chevy is not scheduled to record a top 5 or Cup victory until sometime during the 2010 season, and the legal department was getting a little nervous.
Editor’s Note: If you haven’t seen it yet, check out this week’s Frontstretch Foto Funnies – Kansas Edition, as Kurt Smith tells the story behind the pictures of your favorite drivers this weekend! It won’t take long, and hopefully you can have a good laugh — especially if you need cheering up after your favorite driver fell short of Victory Lane!
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Great stuff Jeff! This is exactly what’s wrong with the “chase”! Once it starts, there are only 12 cars racing! All the others become “also-rans” or “field-fillers”! Sponsors don’t get TV time, because the cameras follow the chase cars. Drivers not in the chase get snubbed, because nobody talks about anyone but the 12! Worst of all, these other 31 cars better not race to win or they’ll be scolded!The “chase” was only created to compete with NFL tv audiences, but it is not working!
would of been great if Brad and Hamlin would of end up racing each other.Wonder what Nascar would of said then
8,7,6,3,2, are really close to the truth.
Next NASCAR will ban scanners so that fans/others can’t hear when they put their foot in their mouth! Unbelievable!
Hey these were pretty funny. I liked the Steven Wallace one best.
Best article written about this incident. Kudos to you. You made me LOL.
The chase is and always will be a joke
#11) They were afraid he might cause some REAL EXCITEMENT!
I’d love to see 31 cars “start and park”!
At least 12 cars get attention during the last 10 races. Before the Chase era, you might be lucky enough to see the points leader and the one or two drivers closest to him in points be featured.
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.