Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Wednesday May 12, 2010
10. Any of the “debris” the fans pelted the track with at the finish of the 2004 Aaron’s 499 in Talladega, which eventually led to green-white-checkered finishes in the Cup Series.
9. One of the many free cartons of Winston cigarettes like I used to bring home from every race.
8. Pictures of a sold out crowd at Auto Club Speedway in California.
7. An actual piece of “mystery debris.” (Actually, there is that exhibit … the case is just empty!)
6. A tribute to the National Association of Minority Race Fans (NAMRF! Remember them?)
5. Mauricia “Mo” Grant’s officials’ uniform.
4. An official, up-to-date copy of the NASCAR Rule Book. (Copies of which are not available in the gift shop!)
3. The stump that jumped in front of Brian France’s Lexus.
2. A replica of Dale Earnhardt, Jr.’s Cup championship trophy.
1. An exhibit extolling the virtues of Brian France and his greatest legacy to NASCAR: The Chase.
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
A picture of Richard Petty without his cowboy hat on
#8: But there do exist pictures of a sold out crowd at California Speedway from 1997-2004 or so… =P
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.