Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Wednesday August 18, 2010
10. Well, for whatever reason, at least they are standing behind their man, Kevin Conway. Albeit if I were Kevin, I’d be a little nervous about a sponsor like that “standing behind” me!
9. They insisted on sponsoring the highest number race car Bob Jenkins had, and it went against their very nature, first sponsoring the Nos. 37 and 38 before eventually being kicked back to the No. 34.
8. They will soon unveil a new product that you spray on your nose, ears, and sunglasses, so they’re working on a deal with Joe Gibbs Racing to sponsor Kyle Busch.
7. All their cash is tied up defending themselves in a defamation lawsuit filed by “not so good looking”-actual racer, Jimmie Johnson.
6. They’ve been working long and hard with NASCAR to become the Official Sponsor of Brian France, because he gives the fans the shaft every chance he gets.
5. They couldn’t afford to buy Conway a larger driver’s suit every week.
4. They got tired of NASCAR officials scrutinizing their car every week for an “oversized driveshaft.”
3. They got tired of waiting for Front Row Motorsports to actually build a car capable of “getting it up” to the front row.
2. They have finally come to the conclusion that the NASCAR season is just too long, even for them.
1. Company officials learned that FRM owner Bob Jenkins was skimping on safety equipment in the car, forcing them to pull out at the last minute.
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
I wonder if NA$CAR noticed the car getting longer each week?
They’ll be coming out with a 13 inch ruler shortly. Everybody can use the extra inch.
DoninAjax, I think they use a “baker’s ruler” (13in.) in bakeries….for when they are making Long Johns!
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.