Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Frontstretch Staff · Wednesday September 1, 2010
15. Jeff Gordon never worked in a Chinese sweat shop.
14. Ingrid refused to put the children in anything that comes off the rack.
13. His race car is not made in China.
12. They can get the same exposure touting Sam’s Club on Sam Hornish, Jr.’s car at half the price.
11. Wal-Mart refused to guarantee Gordon a job as a Wal-Mart greeter when his career ends because he doesn’t look creepy enough.
10. They found Rick Hendrick actually treats his employees well and cares
about their health, future, and well-being.
9. Look around. Being associated with NASCAR is becoming bad for business.
8. They really wanted Dale Earnhardt, Jr. because he has been spotted several times at Wal-Mart buying Wrangler jeans.
7. The Target car has kicked his ass all year.
6. Gordon’s proposed driving suit looked stupid with the giant smiley face on the back.
5. Wal-Mart decided the nation’s top retailer deserved a top driver.
4. Wal-Mart wanted to sponsor in bulk and wanted their name on all the Hendrick cars.
3. Brian France stepped in because he’d be damned if, after all his ass-kissing in China a couple years ago, Wal-Mart goes and sponsors a race team and not the sanctioning body.
2. Hendrick Motorsports refused to dump Pepsi and AMP for Sam’s Choice.
1. Negotiations broke off because Wal-Mart execs wanted to Save More and Live Better, while Hendrick execs wanted them to Pay More for Jeff to Drive Better.
©2000 - 2008 Frontstretch Staff and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Dear Mr. Meyer, FACT… Wally World has over 1 million full time employees and tons of part-timers; they pay ~$12,000,000,000 annually in taxes… if a retail product is made in the USA, it’s on the shelf. Get a life…
5. Wal-Mart decided the nation’s top retailer deserved a top driver
#2 in points this year, smart comment, I want my minute back I spent reading this.
Sorry, (Dr.) Jerry, you’ll have to see our associates over in the Customer Service dept. You DO have a receipt, yes?
So funny I forgot to laugh.
Now that’s funny I don’t care who you are.
Wal-Mart has squeezed their suppliers so much for lower prices the manufacturers have no choice but to send their processes overseas where the labor is cheaper (because there are no greedy unions) and where the rules and regulations are not as strict (because there are no overzealous environmental laws).
Gordon has been
Better to be a has been than a never was.
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.