Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Wednesday September 15, 2010
10. See title.
9. No one ever explained to them the saying, “It’s better to remain silent and appear a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.”
8. When they talk, all everyone else around them hears is, “blah, blah, blah, blah” so they resort to a keyboard.
7. Who cares! I just want to see how many people will still write and complain about this one!
6. It is their way of confirming that, “Yes, I am smoking crack!”
5. They are Brian France’s or Dale Jr.’s relatives.
4. They are pissed because their hair is constantly messed up from jokes flying just over their head.
3. There wasn’t the concept of sarcasm where they grew up.
2. They have never heard of nor seen a David Letterman show.
1. Like professional wrestling, they still think NASCAR racing is real!
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
I just have to point out your picture and quote is a little too true. The guys that grew up racing dirt are in the Chase, and those that didn’t, like Jr., aren’t. The COT seems to favor dirt track drivers, and maybe Jr. should get some dirt tracking in.
I particularly like #4! Keep it up – I look forward to all your lists. I LOVE the sarcasm (and the dry delivery)!!
In order to be subtle with some people you need a big sledge hammmer. It also used to work on GM carburetors.
And Harley carburetors, when Harleys still had carburetors. :)
Keep up the good work, Jeff! Some people will complain no matter what, even if you beat them with a brand new stick.
What would be even more amusing than Top 10? A Top Ten Mailbag column!
#4 literally made me LOL
Sorry—there’s nothing here. Satire and good humor, especially dry humor, are my forte. For the clueless, look the word up—it’s in the dictionary (that book with words, meanings, and very few pictures).
Still waiting for some real humor in these lists.
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.