Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Wednesday November 10, 2010
10. If Mark Martin would have won, as I predicted in last week’s Mirror Driving.
9. If there was no Chase, Denny would have been eliminated, with Jimmie Johnson scheduled for elimination this coming Sunday.
8. If the announcers would quit apologizing for NASCAR drivers’ actions.
7. If officials didn’t ride with the cleanup and emergency crews.
6. If the officials that did ride along had remembered that “Have At It, Boys!” edict from January.
5. If fights were allowed to progress until one of the opponents is knocked to the ground, as in the NHL (especially amongst the drivers’ wives/girlfriends!).
4. If there were “In-Ambulance Cams.”
3. If NASCAR would not have called Kyle’s penalty “unsportsmanlike conduct” on the air in an obvious attempt to be like the NFL. (When was the last time you heard that call at a NASCAR race?)
2. If Matt Kenseth’s late pass would have actually stuck.
1. If the NASCAR official in Kyle’s pit box had indicated by fingers — one on each hand — the number of laps he was being held!
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
“Top ten ways” = a complete strikeout.
At least Letterman’s top ten hits a funny remark about 1/3 of the time.
“Top Ten Ways. . . shouldn’t have been. Time’s up!
Hey, old farmer, I’m penalizing you 2 laps for ‘unsportsmanlike conduct’.
Come on OF where’s you sense of humor?? I laughed out loud at #1…. Now that would have been funny.
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.