Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Wednesday November 23, 2011
10. NASCAR, in an attempt to fill the auditorium, drops off a set of free tickets at every strip club. Clothing optional. (Hey, they can’t make it look empty…)
9. Kyle Busch visits the Ethel M Chocolate Factory and Botanical Cactus Garden, is denied entry and winds up in a “sticky” situation.
8. Tony and Carl jump into some sand buggys and finally settle it on dirt.
7. NASCAR, at the last minute, moves the whole shindig to Omaha because Vegas is the hometown of the Busch brothers and they don’t need that kind of publicity.
6. Brian France gets drunk, spills his “beverage” and runs into a palm tree stump.
5. Dr. Jerry Punch interviews a homeless person who demonstrates remarkably more class than Kurt Busch.
4. Brian France implements the beginnings of a future divorce when he suddenly chooses to “interact with the fans” given free tickets after the banquet.
3. Ironically, Jeremy Mayfield shows up at a filming of Pawn Stars, trying to sell Chum Lee some construction equipment.
2. The Busch brothers are shown repeatedly on television and curiously are always sitting alone.
1. Carl Edwards loses vast amounts of money at the gaming tables but no one can remember anyone losing that much with such grace.
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
There should not be an Awards Banquet at all. Those drivers & crews worked their butts off for 10 straight months. They deserve all the down time they can get.
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.