Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Wednesday June 7, 2006
10. "OWWW! Son of a"¦. That’s gonna leave a mark!"
9. "Please can I stay in the car?! Just a couple of Vicodin and I’ll be fine the rest of the race!"
8. Went to his trailer and enjoyed all the commercials on the telecast, but was annoyed by the bits of racing that kept breaking into them.
7. Waited for J. J. Yeley to crash so they could finish the game of Risk they started earlier.
6. Started his new exercise program by trying to beat Denny Hamlin’s time around the Fed Ex hauler.
5. Counted his driver’s suits to make sure Ricky Rudd actually bought his own.
4. After watching a re-run of the Las Vegas race, snuck into Kyle Busch’s trailer and had an "accident" on Kyle’s civilian clothes.
3. Annoyed the rest of the team by constantly trying to “help,” until finally they took away his headset.
2. Polished his newest championship ring so he could display it proudly in front of the Lowe’s pit stall after the race.
1. Looked high and low for that elusive Home Depot Porta-Jon so he could take a long soak in the hot tub.
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Don give up your day job. Letterman will not be calling.
Not funny at all. Trying to pick on someone who is injured and giving his best effort for the team. You should applaud the fighting spirit of Smoke rather than poking fun.
I thought maybe he made a Matt Kenseth pinata.
Jeff-I thought the top 10 was halarious. Whats up w/these 2 grouches?Maybe they need a cold one @ The Finish Line.
absolutely hilarious. love tony and feel for him and his injury but making light of a bad situation is just what tony would want.
Not hysterical – but funny. And Roger’s right – I’m sure Tony made jokes too. Just maybe a “little” funnier. But hey – don’t see any of us posting top 10’s.
I liked # 4 the best.
Pretty stupid and not funny. Do you think you could get into and control a 3500 lb. race car with a broken shoulder, even if you were in it for just a few laps?
Why are some people so sensitive about this? I dont see how it pokes fun at Tony for getting OUT of the car at all. If anything, the only people it really “pokes fun” at are his teammates, Yeley and Hamlin.
That is sooo Funny. People learn how to take a joke tony has been making fun of himself since his injury so get over it.
Those of you who are so touchy about this are obviously NOT Tony Stewart fans to start with. If you were, you’d understand you have two choices. You can laugh at whatever comes along and make the best of it or you can let it bother you and make you unhappy. If you were really a fan of Smoke, you’d have figured that out just like he already has. Just like he SAID he has. Obiously you weren’t listening, either to his outlook on life or to his own jokes about the injury all week.
I actually have a Toney Stewart Pinata. But I broke it all to little Peices after the All Star Race. Go MATT KENSETH!!!! Winner at DOVER!!!!
LOL I loved those and Iâ€™m a huge Tony fan. I think we all know Tony makes fun of himself all the time. If he read this he too would probably LOL.
K, Highly amused. Thanks.. Your very creative. I think Tony would enjoy this…One must have a sense of humor or die before their time..It’s a choice, make the right one.
you were right on with #8 comment
Thanks for the laugh, Jeff. I agree with Melissa, Tony would laugh at these too.
nice job #8 was the best
Illegitimi non carborundum est! Good job Jeff. It tickled my funny bone.
Negetivity = Jealousy.
Good job, very funny!
Great humor – I bet Tony helped add several of these! You looked great yesterday at Eldora for the Prelude in the rain.
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.