Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Frontstretch Top Ten · Jeff Meyer · Tuesday June 20, 2006
10. Not nearly the “Cup” power present on the entry list as has been the case at “companion” events.
9. DUH!! He crossed the finish line ahead of everyone else!
8. He missed the driver's meeting and didn't know he was supposed to pull over and let the “Cup” teams go by.
7. He got pissed after listening to the guys in the booth all but write him off after a 20 second pit stop moved him from 2nd to 20th.
6. Ever been to Kentucky? I have! My wife’s from there and I gotta tell ya, all sorts of weird stuff happens in Kentucky!
5. Didn't have all those sponsor decals on the car weighing it down.
4. Even God was tired of Buschwhackers winning.
3. Just couldn't resist the irony of beating a full time Cup guy who has never even won in the Busch Series (J. J. Yeley).
2. He stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before.
1. Generally outdrove the hell out of everybody! Way to go, David!
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Partly weak but numbers 3 and 4 make up for the lame jokes (number 9).
The main reason David won is,........
He doesn’t know he CAN’T.
I like #2 and #4.
And, you can say #1 again!
Did he ever!
Spanked ‘em at their own game.
I’m anxious to hear who David will be “next’. I’ve heard “the next Jeff Gordon” so many times—I’ll quake if I hear one more nerd call a new driver “the next Jeff Gordon.”
I never hear, “the next Buckshot Jones.”
I liked 3 and 4 but #8 seems it makes the most sense lately. Or maybe they forgot to pay him off lol.
You forgot “Because Cousin Carl’s transmission broke!” ;) :D
Funny you should mention that BB6! In the original draft, #9 was….Carl Edwards transmission broke. However, in a fit of sarcasm, I opted for the one in the above list.
#1 should be:
David got that extra special winning edge from the fans, at home and at the track, cheering and praying for him! Everyone that truly loves racing found themselves pulling for David those last few laps, theres power in that kinda spirit! :-)
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.