Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Frontstretch Top Ten · Jeff Meyer · Wednesday July 5, 2006
10. Changing the title to, "B. France's Next el Conductor del Campeonato."
9. Instead of a trophy, the winner gets to spend 5 fabulous days and nights at the France family compound.
8. If the ratings of any particular Chase race do NOT beat those of the copmeting NFL game, the race is declared null and void and rerun when two “more beatable” NFL teams are playing.
7. Driver and Crew Chief of each Top 10 team must switch places for at least one race during the Chase. The team that must switch will be drawn out of a hat ten minutes before the start of the race, after which the team that is drawn will no longer be included in any subsequent drawings.
6. Sealed bids will be accepted from each Top 10 car's sponsor to determine starting order for each of the last ten races. Highest bid starts on the pole. (Checks payable to B. France)
5. All “Chase” races to be held in the market of Brian's choosing.
4. The car of any Top 10 driver whose last name ends in “son” will be exempt from ANY NASCAR inspection during the entire Chase.
3. The first 26 races of the season will be “non-points” events, practice races if you will. THEN the "Chase" begins, with EVERYONE within 400 points of the leader!
2. For all “Chase” races, prices automatically double for everything, from tickets to hot dogs.
1. Expand "The Chase" to include 36 racesâ€¦.no, that won't work! What a stupid way to determine a Champion.
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Good list, of course No.s 4 and 5 are already in place. No. 2 is probably next since you have given Big Buck$ Brian a tip. They wouldn’t even dream of using # 1,can’t make the big BUCK$.
I was under the impression that all of these were already in effect?
Pick the Top Ten based on a fan popularity vote. Win-Win for everyone but the Busch Boys. If that doesn’t improve the Chase tv ratings go back to the old system.
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.