Find tons of cheap tickets to 2013 speedway races like Talladega NASCAR schedule, Brickyard 400 at Indy Motor Speedway, Michigan Speedway Racing plus the full 2013 Monster Jam schedule
Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Frontstretch Top Ten · Jeff Meyer · Tuesday October 24, 2006
10. Wow! Look at all those people! So that's what the stands look like when they’re full!
9. I'll just follow these other cars for awhile and see where they go…
8. Ya know, someday, I might win one of these things. I better practice making some smoke now!
7. This is great! In the Busch and Truck Series, we have a LIMITED number of tires to use!
6. What was that I learned in Driver's Edâ€¦.if the rear of the car is skidding left, turn the wheel to the _left_â€¦or was that right?
5. If only I can remember everything that Bodine guy taught me, I should do alright!
4. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Just how long IS this race, anyway?
3. Oh, CRAP! What was that againâ€¦? Turn into the skid? No, I think it was the oppositeâ€¦WHEEEEEEEE! Wow! Thats a lot of smoke!
2. Having just played his handheld Black Jack game before the race, suddenly the number "21" and "Hit me!" flashed through his mindâ€¦
1. I think I better stop here until that man puts that metal bar down! He looks upset. How long IS this race anyway? WHEEEEEEE!...
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
“Must be Halloween. I hear lots of BOOOOO’s.”
Scary out tonight.
He is a rookie- Good Lord- give the kid a break.
You have Vets out there that make the same mistakes.
Last time I checked part of the learning process is making mistakes. Its not his fault that Roush threw him directly into the Cup car..
He’s a decent driver who isn’t ready for Cup, yet. He needs a year in the Busch series.
I agree it’s not his fault. It’s Jack’s fault for sticking someone that green into the middle of the Chase. The kid was obviously doing the best he could, but he needs more experience in the minors. When you can get Kenny to show anger, you must have really screwed up!
Jack Roush is known to be cheap and he put the cheapest driver in the seat possible to maximize his profits. Too bad for Ragan as Cup will chew him up and spit him out in a hurry. Remember Todd Bodine in the 35 Tabasco car in 1998. A ton of DNF’s and a short Cup Career.
“wish i was a dart with some feathers so i could fly into the side of that annoying orange car”
As the author of the Top Ten, rest assured people, I have no ill will towards David Ragan. He is a talented young driver who may someday be a superstar in COTCAR (Car Of Tommorrw Crappy Auto Racing)
Unfortunatley, his experience (or lack there of) at M’ville made him a prime target for (keyword here, pay attention!) HUMOR (even if you think it was ATTEMPTED humor).
That’s what the Top Ten is all about. Don’t get your knickers in a knot over it!
Totally unfair to David. He caused one caution and you guys listened to idiot Tony and blew it out of proportion. Just watch next year. You’ll eat your words. Roush didn’t get where he is by being stupid.
Tell David, Welcome to Big Boy racing from the Frontstretch!
David Ragan must have thought he was a fart in a whirlwind. Quite frankly, he was a fish out of water, his fault, Roush’s fault, or Brian Frances fault, he caused a lot more than 1 caution, and went spinning around just about the whole race
If you remember, Kurt Busch tore up way more cars and trucks than David has, and he won several races and a Championship. David just stepped up to a whole new level, and no one is even giving him a chance. They were ALL rookies once. Give him a chance, he’ll prove his critics wrong!
Martinsville is a tough track…even on veterans. Ragan does have talent but wasn’t ready for a Cup race….but this was funny.
I did laugh, but I felt so bad for the poor guy. He looked like a pinball out there! He just isn’t ready yet. He needs practice.
He was probably thinking,
“I’m hitting everything but the lottery.”
I kinda like Ragan, but he wiped out a real underdog (and sentimental favorite) who was headed for his best finish in several seasons. Had he wiped out the 2 car, it’s doubtful anyone would have cared.
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Top Ten Reasons People With No Sense of Humor Write In And Complain About These Lists
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.