Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Frontstretch Top Ten · Thomas Bowles · Tuesday January 2, 2007
Editor’s Note : No new Top Ten this week, so please enjoy this classic from the archives about Tony Stewart’s rough Sunday at Dover during this year’s Chase for the Championship. In case you had forgotten, an early crash within the first 50 laps of the race not only took out Stewart, but effecitvely ended the championship chances of good friend Kasey Kahne.
10. “OWWW! Son of a %^&$#!. That’s gonna leave a mark!”
9. “Please, can I stay in the car?! Just a couple of Vicodin and I’ll be fine the rest of the race!”
8. Went to his trailer and enjoyed all the commercials on the telecast, but was annoyed by the bits of racing that kept breaking into them.
7. Waited for J. J. Yeley to crash so they could finish the game of Risk they started earlier.
6. Started his new exercise program by trying to beat Denny Hamlin’s time around the Fed Ex hauler.
5. Counted his driver’s suits to make sure Ricky Rudd actually bought his own.
4. After watching a rerun of the Las Vegas race, snuck into Kyle Busch’s trailer and had an “accident” on Kyle’s civilian clothes.
3. Annoyed the rest of the team by constantly trying to “help,” until finally they took away his headset.
2. Polished his newest championship ring so he could display it proudly in front of the Lowe’s pit stall after the race.
1. Looked high and low for that elusive Home Depot Porta-Jon so he could take a long soak in the hot tub.
©2000 - 2008 Thomas Bowles and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
Voices From The Cheap Seats: The Tale Of Two Tires
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.