Find tons of cheap tickets to 2013 speedway races like Talladega NASCAR schedule, Brickyard 400 at Indy Motor Speedway, Michigan Speedway Racing plus the full 2013 Monster Jam schedule
Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Jeff Meyer · Tuesday May 22, 2007
10. All officials’ uniforms will be black and white striped with a “Nextel yellow” hanky protruding from the back pocket.
9. Qualifying will be replaced by a lengthy series of “elimination” coin tosses to determine the starting lineup.
(The official NASCAR coin will have the likeness of Brian's face for heads and a horse's butt for tails.)
8. Bumping in the corners will result in a call of “pass interference” and a 15 car length penalty.
7. Pit road and the grass in front of it will be marked off in 1 yard increments.
6. Speeding on pit road will now be called “Illegal Motion.”
5. Flipping someone the bird is now “Illegal use of Hands.”
4. Cars will run one quarter of the race one way, then turn around and go the other direction for the next quarter until the end of the race is reached.
3. All races will be moved to Monday Night with Al Michaels, John Madden, and Dan Dierdorf commentating.
2. A driver will be given three extra points every time he steers his car, at speed, between two iron posts permanently positioned in the corner.
1. In an effort to boost ratings, team cheerleaders, now required, will now be officially known as “tight ends.”
NEW YEAR? NEW NEWSLETTER. LOOKING FOR THE INFO YOU NEED ABOUT NASCAR IN 2013 – SENT RIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. The Frontstretch Newsletter gives you more of the daily news, commentary, and racing features from your favorite writers you know and love. Don’t waste another minute – click here to sign up and get all the information you need. We’re here to make sure you stay informed … so make sure you jump on for the ride!
©2000 - 2008 Jeff Meyer and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
I always thought that NASCAR could use cheerleaders, until I saw those “know the score” freecreditreport.com commercials with David Gilliland.
Juan Pablo will be the official “punter” for every race.
They’ve already got cheerleaders. DW and Larry Mac. They cheerlead for Hendrick Motorsports every race.
I got to thinking about the coin. If you’ve have Brian France’s face on one side and a horse’s butt on the other, wouldn’t that make it a two headed coin since nobody could tell the difference between the two?
Dawn! That is excellant! Why didn’t I think of that?! (You keep that up and you’ll put me out of a job!)
And Mike….Congrats! I wondered how long it would be before someone caught that about the coin! Well done!
Jeff, you have me confused with #9, “The official NASCAR coin will have the likeness of Brianâ€™s face for heads and a horseâ€™s butt for tails” Isn’t that a two headed coin at that point as the likeness of Brian’s face is that of a horses butt?
Darn..I must have missed Mike’s comment..;-) He beat me to it..
How about each car has to pass 10 others every 4 laps or go to the back?
Better yet. Every time there is a pass for the lead the flagman should throw the red flag and then the driver who is the new leader must stop at the start finish line, get out of his car and do a silly little knee shaking dance on the top of his car. Once done, the race can start until the next pass for the lead.
This would really be like the NFL is now.
Recent articles from Jeff Meyer:
BSNews! Bruton’s Plans Extend Beyond Bristol’s Track
Top Ten Reasons Fans Failed To Show Up At Bristol Sunday
BSNews! NASCAR CEO Given "Special" Award Amidst Lavish Fanfare
Fan Coun-ci-What? Just What Is It That NASCAR Wants To Study?
Top Ten Reasons People With No Sense of Humor Write In And Complain About These Lists
Want to know more about Jeff Meyer or view his complete article archives? Then hop on over to his archive and bio page.