Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Frontstretch Top Ten · Kim DeHaven · Tuesday July 11, 2006
10. He can’t wait to see a Columbian flag flying beside a Rebel flag.
9. He heard there was an opening for the “hot tempered bad boy” in NASCAR now that Tony Stewart has “mellowed with age” and he fits the bill perfectly.
8. Chip told him he would be switching cars with Jeff Gordon again, just like they did on “Tradin’ Paint” in 2003.
7. In racing, at the ripe old age of 30 it’s called a “mid-career crisis!!!”
6. He was tired of the F1 politics and thinks NASCAR will be a refreshing change. Silly Columbian boy!
5. Driving a car with fenders will be fun. He can bang wheels with his competitors and not take out half the field.
4. At Chip Ganassi Racing, he’ll have TWO teammates he can take out of races.
3. He has a bet going with Michael Schumacher on how many weeks will it take the “redneck NASCAR fans” to start calling him “JP.”
2. He didn’t like his passport photo.
1. THE MONEY!
©2000 - 2008 Kim DeHaven and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
I like # 9,5,4.
Your top ten list on JPM was funny. However, I’m guessing that you didn’t do any research on F1. Any of the top drivers in F1 moving to Cup will likely take a pay cut. More than likely, JPM has made as much as Gordon and Junior combined over the last couple of years. JPM is probably taking a huge pay cut.
There is no doubt that F1 drivers make MORE than NASCAR drivers, and that was the point. The Top 10 was done tongue-in-cheek. Thanks for reading! :)
Here are some ideas:
1. No worries about having to race against drivers who are funded by cigarettes. The top teams are sponsored by cigarettes that if you don’t race for a tobacco team, you can’t win. Here, a smorgsboard of great sponsors allows you to win.
2. The cars are tougher to drive and require a driver to slow down just to go fast.
3. The driver has to learn how to adjust his car, and tune his shocks. A good second or two can be shaved with good tuning.
4. There’s more passion in a Cup driver battling for a position than an F1 driver.
5. Winning is the only thing. No losers in Victory Lane.
Recent articles from Kim DeHaven:
Want to know more about Kim DeHaven or view her complete article archives? Then check out her archive and bio page.