Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Since Carl Edwards has already won two races this year, NASCAR fans have been treated to his celebratory backflip twice. While Carl's backflip is arguably the most entertaining victory celebration in motorsports, other drivers have been looking for a post-victory schtick of their own. With this week's top ten list, Kurt Smith is here to help.
10. Jimmie Johnson can say "this is for all the Johnson haters" and then put his thumbs in his ears, wiggle his fingers, stick out his tongue, and blow raspberries until the commercial break.
9. Tony Stewart can climb up onto the flag stand and then smoothly execute a "Triple Lindy" back onto the top of the car.
8. Jeff Gordon can give Ingrid and Ella a kiss and then hand Ingrid a package of diapers from inside the car.
7. Kyle Busch can atone for his criticism of the CoT by making the sponsor-friendly comment that, in fact, it's Reese's pieces that “suck.”
6. Robby Gordon can throw his helmet at one of the NASCAR officials, since he knows they're just going to penalize him for something anyway.
5. Mark Martin can breakdance to Darrell Waltrip, performing a karaoke version of 50 Cent's "In Da Club".
4. J.J. Yeley can look around at Victory Lane and say, "Hey, dÃ©jÃ vu…" which should be good for a laugh.
3. Matt Kenseth can talk about how good the Roush No. 17 Ford was, thank DeWalt and USG Sheetrock, and then spontaneously combust.
2. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. can give a speech thanking Teresa for her tireless efforts in helping him to finally get into a winning car.
1. Kurt Busch can do a snow rhinoceros.
Kurt Smith doesn't actually think so little of Reese's pieces. He's actually quite fond of them, especially their prominence in the movie "E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial."
Wondering what the technical explanation is for why Carl Edwards failed post-race inspection? If you still don’t get it, it’s because you didn’t get the Frontstretch Newsletter in your inbox this morning. So, stop procrastinating and sign up by clicking here to ensure your oil cover stays on tight — and remember, the Newsletter is FREE!
©2000 - 2008 Kurt Smith and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Good job! As a Gordon fan, (Robby, that is), I love number 6! A few more ideas:
11. Dario Franchitti can play the bagpipes wearing a kilt, while his crew pours a bucket of Gatorade on his wife.
12. Martin Truex Jr. can recite Bubba’s “How to cook shrimp” monologue from Forrest Gump.
13. Dale Jarrett can do a burnout in victory lane – in the truck.
14. Bobby Labonte can do the post-race interviews wearing the King’s hat & sunglasses.
15. Tony can get a haircut!!