Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Kurt Smith · Wednesday June 10, 2009
Kyle Busch’s display of smashing the Gibson Les Paul at Nashville may not have won over many NASCAR fans’ hearts, but that doesn’t mean he’s ready to stop paying tribute to the great institution that is rock-n-roll. Here are some of the other things he has on (Spinal) tap to pay homage to the greats like Pink Floyd, The Who, Phil Collins and many others! Tribute honoree in parentheses, for those not so big rock-n-roll fans…
10) Someday when career is declining, have a giant inflatable pig fly over audience with explosions and lasers to help distract from his glaring inability to race like he used to. (Pink Floyd)
9) Marvel at how incredibly far one can really go simply by refusing to drive 55. (Sammy Hagar)
8) Have session crew member standing by so that profitable tour of series will not be disrupted by 30-year member of crew dropping dead. (The Who)
7) Make alternating announcements of on-again, off-again trips to rehab center. (Eddie Van Halen)
6) Demand that his race car’s hoods prominently feature close-ups of his face from every possible angle. (Phil Collins)
5) Race year after year without doing anything new or original and release videos from every season, while denouncing other drivers who “are just in it for the money.” (Rush)
4) Expose himself on stage, maybe. (Jim Morrison)
3) Insist that NASCAR charge quadruple what is reasonably expected for events he appears in, capitalizing on this inexplicable need to see him race. (Rolling Stones)
2) Stay in bed with new and strange wife for one week for “peace” while feuding with former teammates over money. (John Lennon)
1) Go disco! (Just about anyone — except Elvis)
Editor’s Note: If you haven’t seen it yet, check out this week’s Frontstretch Foto Funnies – Pocono Edition, as Kurt Smith tells the story behind the pictures of your favorite drivers this weekend! It won’t take long, and hopefully you can have a good laugh — especially if you need cheering up after watching that Les Paul get destroyed!
©2000 - 2008 Kurt Smith and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
NASCAR’S already charging quadruple what it should be.
Perhaps he could follow the brilliant career moves of Hendrix,Morrison and Joplin and just OD when he is twenty seven years old. Although I don’t think that I can stand him for another four years.
At to number 4, he’s already done that (euphemistically speaking) many times.
just what i was thinking.
or maybe his hair will get lit on fire a-la-Michael Jackson!!!
You guys keep whining about someone who is not a NASCAR robot and wishing that Dale Jr. was as real race care driver.
Lay off Rush. They have a lot in common with many drivers who aren’t Busch and don’t drive for Hendrick: they’re just as good but don’t have devoted groupies disguised as the media.
I hear you Tim – they’re still my favorite band. But there’s no question that they’re in it for the money these days.
Maybe Kyle was just showing his “flamboyant” side Just like Pete Townsend or Freddie Mercury. Those two had one or two things in common and maybe Kyle wants to come out of his closet also.
Have to disagree, Kurt. Rush put out albums, they tour in the “evening with” format, and nobody has to buy the DVDs or best-of compilations (the band has little to do with those) if they don’t want to.
Slow news week when Martin wins, huh? You’re beating a dead horse. Kyle did it, didn’t mean it to be disrespectful, not sorry. Period, end of discussion. I think I liked it better when I spent all week reading excuses why Jr. DIDN’T win than rehashing one of many of Kyles wins.
With all due respect Missu, you should check the date. This was aired last Wednesday.
And as someone who has been accused of being Kyle Busch’s “Butt Buddy”, I think it’s interesting that now I’m accused of picking on him.