Find tons of cheap tickets to 2013 speedway races like Talladega NASCAR schedule, Brickyard 400 at Indy Motor Speedway, Michigan Speedway Racing plus the full 2013 Monster Jam schedule
Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Mistie Bibbee · Tuesday November 29, 2005
After writing for The Frontstretch for the last 4-5 years, the time has come for me to rejoin the real world. So it is with mixed emotions that I present you with my final Top Ten. (A small check in the 2 million dollar range could just convince me to say “forget the real world” and continue writing though!) :-)
10. It is rough being idolized by all the drivers on the circuit. It’s actually quite embarrassing when I go to races and they ask for my autograph.
9. Something about Steve Park, Jeff Green, numerous insults and a restraining order"¦ It’s all actually quite a bit hazy.
8. Those darn holiday lay-offs. The editors at the Frontstretch delivered mine with a fruitcake that I swear was made from debris found on the track during the season finale at Homestead.
7. I accidentally accepted an invitation to the real world and now I’m not allowed back into fantasy land.
6. After being banned from 95% of the NASCAR tracks, I’ve decided to see how many IRL tracks I can get banned from.
5. After the editors finally quit laughing over the fact I picked Robby Gordon and Johnny Sauter to go 1 and 2 in the championship, they decided I should submit to random drug testing. (It was cool though, I got to hang with Shane Hmiel for a while!)
4. Well, all the cool kids like Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin (kinda), and Ricky Rudd were retiring, so I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon!
3. Been there"¦ done that"¦ and my employers stiffed me on the T-Shirt.
2. Why write for The Frontstretch when I can drop everything, follow the circuit around for every race and become a world class pit lizard!
1. After much debate and number crunching, I’ve come to realize that working at McDonalds is a much more lucrative profession.
©2000 - 2008 Mistie Bibbee and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Another one bites the dust sorry to see you go I have enjoyed reading your articles over the years. Good luck on your future endeavors.
I don’t suppose you’d consider changing your mind, would you?
Life requires us to make many decisions. If we decide NOT to make those decisions,—life will make them FOR us.
Better, I think, if we make our own decisions, be they easy or hard, right or wrong. We learn.
Just know that you’ll be missed here at Frontstretch, not soon forgotten, and hopefully you’ll check in from time to time, or more often.
We’re already going through off-season withdrawls. I don’t know if that makes your leaving easier or harder.
It’s just going to seem a tad empty when the fog in my head clears (around Daytona time) and you’re not here.
Best of luck and success.
Thanx for your contributions over the years.
Have no fear, the top ten will continue! Some of the other sarcastic bitter writers here at The Frontstretch will step in to take over for me! You never know though, I may beg and plead them every now and then to let me do something around here! Iâ€™ve been here too long to walk away and never look back! My frontstretch family is probably just a tad bit more dysfunctional than my real family- so I guess that makes them real family!
Thanks for reading over the years and all of your kind words!
Your voice will be missed here.
“Have no fear?”
F E A R?!
HUDSON HORNET knows not fear!
But darned close!
I’m relieved to learn you’re not planning to walk away and never look back.
Headin’ out yonder to rejoin the real world, are ya?
I didn’t think a real world really existed. Imagine that. It’s not just a dream place?
How does one get there from here? Might be a nice place to visit, but I don’t think I’d wanna live there.
DO people actually live there or, is it just a place to visit,—like Disneyland?
Dysfunctional I can handle, but I’m taking my medicine for
Allodoxaphobia,Epistemothobia, and Phronemophobia.
Finally got over Panthophobia.
“Sarcastic?, Bitter? Writers at Frontstretch?”
Say it ain’t so!
Dry, sarcastic, witty humor that illustrates the absurd by BEING absurd, catches my attention and causes me to think—what’s not to like?
Thanx for expounding, Mistie. I appreciate that. Yes I do.
So where are you headed? Your stalking fans may want to join you!!
We’ll miss you Mistie!! See you ‘round the track some time…:D
And don’t be a stranger…
Recent articles from Mistie Bibbee:
Best of the Top Ten: Top Ten Reasons Why I am Retiring from the Frontstretch
Best of Top Ten: Top Ten Things I Learned During the Daytona 500
Best of Top Ten: Top Ten Names For Next October's Race in Charlotte
Best of Top Ten: Top Ten Polls in Which Fans are Most Likely to Vote for Jr.
Mistie no longer writes for the Frotnstch, but if you'd like to know more about her, check out her archive and bio page.