Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
10. It’s the one race where you are allowed to substitute your helmet for a 10 Gallon Hat.
9. Tumbleweed makes great “debris cautions”.
8. Longhorn horns attached to the hood of your car. (They help aerodynamics.)
7. Braking in the corners is so much easier in cowboy boots.
6. It’s the only place where you will ever hear the announcers call a pack of cars coming out of turn four a stampede.
5. Roping the competition is considered legal and encouraged.
4. Unlike the race in Mexico City, they can drink the water.
3. Pulling out your six shooter to take out a competitors tire earns the team bonus points.
2. There’s no armed guard required to escort them to the track.
1. All seatbelts must be fastened and adorned with large belt buckles proudly displaying the drivers’ names.
©2000 - 2008 Mistie Bibbee and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Recent articles from Mistie Bibbee:
Best of the Top Ten: Top Ten Reasons Why I am Retiring from the Frontstretch
Best of Top Ten: Top Ten Things I Learned During the Daytona 500
Best of Top Ten: Top Ten Names For Next October's Race in Charlotte
Best of Top Ten: Top Ten Polls in Which Fans are Most Likely to Vote for Jr.
Mistie no longer writes for the Frotnstch, but if you'd like to know more about her, check out her archive and bio page.