Find tons of cheap tickets to 2013 speedway races like Talladega NASCAR schedule, Brickyard 400 at Indy Motor Speedway, Michigan Speedway Racing plus the full 2013 Monster Jam schedule
Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Mistie Bibbee · Tuesday June 21, 2005
10. The Busch Series was Mike Helton’s answer to an official NASCAR pension plan for the drivers.
9. Dale Jr. wouldn’t let them in his online racing league, so they had to get their racing fix somehow.
8. They keep hoping if they win, they’ll get free Busch beer. Since Winston has left Cup, the drivers need a new vice- and phones just don’t cut it.
7. Because all the young guns are taking over Cup, the veterans had to find a series they still felt competitive in.
6. The drivers wanted to know what it felt like to be near the “poverty level” for a day. And the Busch Series purses certainly do let them experience that.
5. They heard it was safer now that Shane Hmiel was on “vacation”.
4. What do you mean these points don't transfer over to the Cup series?
3. Busch Series? You mean this isn't the beer line?
2. It’s what Cup drivers do when they have a mid-life crisis.
1. It’s the only way the non-Hendrick and non-Roush drivers can win a race.
©2000 - 2008 Mistie Bibbee and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!
Recent articles from Mistie Bibbee:
Best of the Top Ten: Top Ten Reasons Why I am Retiring from the Frontstretch
Best of Top Ten: Top Ten Things I Learned During the Daytona 500
Best of Top Ten: Top Ten Names For Next October's Race in Charlotte
Best of Top Ten: Top Ten Polls in Which Fans are Most Likely to Vote for Jr.
Mistie no longer writes for the Frotnstch, but if you'd like to know more about her, check out her archive and bio page.