Tuesday September 9, 2008
Cat Racing/Dave Blaney Event Preview
New Hampshire Motor Speedway
New Hampshire Motor Speedway Notes
· Loudon’s Camry…The No. 22 Bill Davis Racing team plans to utilize chassis No. 69 for the Sylvania 300 this weekend at [Loudon] New Hampshire Motor Speedway. This is a brand new Toyota Camry.
· Blaney’s Career Stats…Dave Blaney will make his 294th career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start when the green flag waves Sunday afternoon. He made his first career Cup Series start in October 1992 at [Rockingham] North Carolina Speedway and finished 40th (qualified 34th) in his first Cup Series start at “The Magic Mile” in 1999. Like this weekend, Blaney was aboard a Bill Davis Racing-owned machine.
· Blaney at NHMS…Blaney has made 17 Cup Series starts on the 1.058-mile oval during his career. The veteran driver has finished as high as ninth (2006) and has scored one top-10 finish and five top-15 finishes at the Loudon, N.H., track. Blaney also started from the pole during the spring event last season.
· BDR at NHMS…Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at New Hampshire Motor Speedway since 1993 and have made 38 starts. BDR drivers have been victorious on one occasion and have scored four top-10 finishes at the track.
· Bring Your Sharpie…Look for Blaney to stop by the Caterpillar/Toyota Racing merchandise hauler to sign autographs on Sunday. Please check with the trailer for exact times.
· Budweiser Shootout Watch…The No. 22 BDR team picked up one spot in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Owners’ point standings after last weekend’s race at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway. Thanks to its top-25 finish at RIR, the BDR team moved ahead of the No. 84 team in points, which was enough, at this point, to earn a position in the 2009 Budweiser Shootout at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway.
· Watch and Listen…Qualifying for the event is scheduled to start at 3:10 p.m. ET Friday, Sept. 12. The 300-lap event is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET Sunday, Sept 14, and will broadcast LIVE on ABC (TV), PRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio.
Blaney’s Thoughts on the Sylvania 300…“We weren’t at all happy with the way we ran in New Hampshire earlier this year. We didn’t qualify well, and the weekend never really got any better. We’ve done quite a bit of testing in the last couple of months in an effort to improve our flat-track program, and we’re hoping it pays off this weekend. New Hampshire Motor Speedway is a track that I’ve always liked, and in the past we’ve had a couple of decent runs here, so we were really disappointed with the way things went in the spring. Tommy [Baldwin, crew chief] and the guys have prepared a brand new car for this event so we’re anxious to get this new Caterpillar Camry out on the track and see what we can do.”
NEW YEAR? NEW NEWSLETTER. LOOKING FOR THE INFO YOU NEED ABOUT NASCAR IN 2013 – SENT RIGHT TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX?
Well, you’ve come to the right place. The Frontstretch Newsletter gives you more of the daily news, commentary, and racing features from your favorite writers you know and love. Don’t waste another minute – click here to sign up and get all the information you need. We’re here to make sure you stay informed … so make sure you jump on for the ride!
This report was provided by an outside PR source and posted by Kim DeHaven.
©2000 - 2008 Kim DeHaven and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!