Check in with Matt and Jay on their site at CareyandCoffey.com.
|Subscribe to The Frontstretch Newsletter|
Monday September 22, 2008
Cat Racing/Dave Blaney Event Preview
Camping World RV 400
Kansas Speedway Notes
· Kansas’ Camry…The No. 22 Bill Davis Racing team plans to utilize chassis No. 47 for the Camping World RV 400 this weekend. This is the team’s workhorse and is the same car that was utilized in last week’s 12th-place effort at Dover (Del.) International Speedway.
· Blaney’s Career Stats…Dave Blaney will make his 296th career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start when the green flag waves Sunday afternoon. He made his first career Cup Series start in October 1992 at [Rockingham] North Carolina Speedway and finished 10th (qualified 21st) in his first Cup Series start at the 1.5-mile Kansas track in 2001. Like this weekend, Blaney was aboard a Bill Davis Racing-owned machine.
· Blaney at Kansas…Blaney has made six Cup Series starts at Kansas Speedway during his career. The veteran driver has finished as high as 10th (2001) and has scored two top-15 finishes at the track. Blaney has only finished outside the top 25 on one occasion at this track.
· BDR at Kansas…Competitors driving Bill Davis Racing-owned cars have been racing at Kansas since it opened in 2001 and have made 12 starts. BDR drivers have three top-20 finishes there.
· Bring Your Sharpie…Look for Blaney to stop by the Caterpillar/Toyota Racing merchandise hauler to sign autographs Sunday. Please check with the trailer for exact times.
· A New Addition…BDR Hauler Driver and Gas Man Tim Clancy and his wife Kristie have welcomed a new addition to the family. Clancy temporarily gave up driving duties to fly home from Dover following the race for the birth of daughter Kayleigh Elizabeth Monday morning. Kayleigh is the second child for the couple, joining big brother Wyatt.
· Watch and Listen…Qualifying for the event is scheduled to start at 4:10 p.m. ET Friday, Sept. 26. The 267-lap race is scheduled to start at 3 p.m. ET Sunday, Sept 28, and will broadcast LIVE on ABC (TV), MRN (radio) and Sirius Satellite Radio.
Blaney’s Thoughts on the Camping World RV 400…“We were pleased with the way things ended up in Dover. We didn’t have the kind of qualifying effort we were hoping, but Tommy [Baldwin, crew chief] and Gene [Nead, lead engineer] did a nice job getting the car ready to race. It’s been a tough month or two, and that kind of effort means a lot to everyone on this Caterpillar team. Hopefully we can have the same kind of result this weekend in Kansas. It’s typically been a pretty good track for me – I always like these mile and a half tracks – and together as a team, we’ve had a decent amount of success there as well. We’re hoping for another good run this weekend.”
This report was provided by an outside PR source and posted by Kim DeHaven.
©2000 - 2008 Kim DeHaven and Frontstetch.com. Thanks for visiting the Frontstretch!